PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Ontario Airshow today

54Phan
16th Jun 2013, 01:42
I'm putting this in Military Aircrew because an RCAF Aurora displayed and one of the sensor operators was RAF. I took my girl's nephew there today. There were a number of military aircraft with British connections flown, including a Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter, a Tiger Moth, a Lysander, Harvards, a Dakota, a Mitchell, a Firefly, an FW 190 and an Me 262.

The finale, however, was a flypast by a Lancaster, THE Mosquito, 2 Hurricanes and a Spitfire. Very evocative. They actually cut the crappy music and the inane chatter during the first flyby, which didn't last, sadly. During one flyby, they were playing music from the American Civil War movie "Gettysburg" The Mossie made two solo passes, and of course, they played the 633 Squadron theme during one. I really can't describe it adequately, but I have waited my whole life to see a flying Mosquito, and it was certainly worth it. I hope that they are able to take it across the pond.

NutLoose
16th Jun 2013, 17:53
Cool, hopefully they'll be another Mossie in the sky's soon too, the Ex Spartan one in Canada. Luckily I can remember them flying in my past :ok:

smujsmith
16th Jun 2013, 18:23
Sounds like most of our front line aircraft are at Ontario :oh:

I know, coat, hat :rolleyes:

Smudge

Seriously, I would have loved to see that line up. You lucky Canucks!

CoffmanStarter
16th Jun 2013, 20:54
That's an impressive line up of hardware :ok:

Hamilton Aircraft Flight Line (http://www.hamiltonairshow.com/performing-and-display-aircraft.aspx)

Wander00
16th Jun 2013, 21:47
That is some airshow!

TomJoad
16th Jun 2013, 22:11
The Lockheed 12 is such a beautiful ac - I would have loved to have seen her fly.