PDA

View Full Version : CAP 741 Logbook

rahalroxz
14th Jun 2013, 10:18
Hello everybody,

I'd be greatful if someone could verify this to me :)

The section 3.1 Maintenance Experience part.... who actually can sign an entry?

Just imagine I've been replacing a filter under an engineer who has a valid AME Licence ( EASA/FAA/CASA or any valid licence issued by a NAA of a Country). Can he certify and sign the logbook entry of CAP 741 ?

Or it has to be a specifically nominated practical assessor by the company? (in which case every single entry will be signed by a single person and may confuse the CAA officer at the time of evaluating)

Please clarify this to me because I have a lot of unsigned entries in my logbook and waiting for the right person to sign it.
Since I'm working at a Part 145 MRO in Asia, most of the engineers are licensed by the NAA of this country, not EASA.

Thanks in advance.

dashmender
20th Jun 2013, 15:49
As all engineers now have to keep a log book, I get a licenced type rated engineer to sign mine and I do the same for them.

146fixer
25th Jun 2013, 08:38
Rahalroxz I suggest you ask the NAA that issued your license. But would suggest that the licensed guys who are supervising your work can sign your logbook regardless of who issued their licenses. They are after all certifying under the EASA 145 approval.
Dashmemder their is no requirement for engineers to keep a log book. The logbook can be used to record your work experience for grant of initial license application, type rating and license reissue. But this can also be done in another formate. But it's not a legal requirement to keep a logbook. The only time I use the logbook it when I've done a type course and I need to get the rating put on my license. But with the changes to part 147 training you won't even need to do that.

Rigga
25th Jun 2013, 14:02
Type Ratings don't do all the business in a Pt147 organisation. Some may still need to show the third part of the new type rating qualifications - "OJT".

For 1st type ratings - the applicant will still need to show that they have completed "at least 50%" of the OJT Tasks described by your Pt 145 and listed in your MOE.

Pt 66.A.45
pg 48 Aircraft Rating Requirements and
Appendix II & III of Part 66...

rahalroxz
27th Jun 2013, 14:23
thanks a lot gentlemen .... your information really helped :)