PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone identify this Israeli weapon?

NutLoose
14th Jun 2013, 00:27
It's a bit blurry, they keep getting in the way and I'm having difficulty seeing what it is..

[FULL] Israeli Soldiers 'Pole Dance' Around Rifle - YouTube

:rolleyes:

Buster Hyman
14th Jun 2013, 01:40
Weapons of Ass Destruction?

Dysonsphere
14th Jun 2013, 05:48
Don't care about the rifle but wouldn't mind IDing the soldiers.:p

BBK
14th Jun 2013, 08:18
Nut loose

I haven't the foggiest but I will keep watching anyway. ;)

cokecan
14th Jun 2013, 08:28
what weapon?

just looks like a standard M-16 to me - carrying handle, length etc...

Nomorefreetime
14th Jun 2013, 09:37
I was in said country a few years ago. The first check point we came to was manned by 'Zohans'. The 2nd one was manned by the ladies (or their friends) in the video. Not one guy in sight. If Carlesberg did checkpoints.

CoffmanStarter
14th Jun 2013, 09:43
Camo thongs ... I say what a wonderful idea for the ladies ...

dubbleyew eight
14th Jun 2013, 10:00
camo thongs???
pity they arent invisible. :-)
maybe a different pattern is needed. I'd work as a consultant for free to help get it right.

Wyler
14th Jun 2013, 10:29
Not sure what type it is but, like most weapons, it will need to be well lubricated in order to guarantee the smooth delivery of a full load. :)

Agaricus bisporus
14th Jun 2013, 10:38
Culturally devastating if used against some of their neighbours, I imagine.

BOAC
14th Jun 2013, 10:50
Certainly got a hefty butt.

Wensleydale
14th Jun 2013, 11:20
Obviously part of their weapon handling CCS syllabus: stripping!

clicker
14th Jun 2013, 12:26
Don't know why but it reminded me of a line in the book "Battle Cry" after a squaddie called his weapon a gun.

For that the marine instructor had him running round the parade square shouting "This my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun"

Rocket2
14th Jun 2013, 13:22
The old safety drill "Cock, hook & look" spring to mind :ooh:

newt
14th Jun 2013, 13:26
Standard issue for the Lesbanian army methinks!!

chopper2004
14th Jun 2013, 14:12
The thong is :cool::p they do take care of their fellow men from the rear :p and missionary positions :)

Never know they may end up as aircrew flying everything from the Python to the Snake to the Yanshuf :)

Can't knock their esprit de corps and professionalism and when to have fun :)

Does anyone remember RIAT 97 when their Herk turned up and their fit AF girl in the rather acceptable-to-them-length-of-uniform-skirt-but-not-acceptable-to-our-standards and heels was with their tent area, giving out leaflets and stuff. Think she was an NCO ?

Cheers

Wensleydale
14th Jun 2013, 14:22
I thought that I glimpsed a man pad for a few seconds?

Lonewolf_50
14th Jun 2013, 16:01
Weapon was a bit fuzzy, but the unit looks to be the rear guard. :ok:

AR1
14th Jun 2013, 16:35
I'm getting dewy eyed, its been years since I got my hands on one of those.

Wensleydale
14th Jun 2013, 17:16
I'm still trying to work out how to get "dirty magazine" into the thread!

brokenlink
14th Jun 2013, 18:10
Wonder if they could do it to "Thongs for the memory"?

(Running to get hat, coat etc....)

500N
14th Jun 2013, 18:19
Must be trainee pilots practising using flaps during aerial weapon delivery.

smujsmith
14th Jun 2013, 19:35
You have to say, that if that's what the Israeli forces recruit women for, then good luck to them. Today we've seen the Australians busy trying to do a cover up on sexist remarks. And here we are with the ladies, wanting to be equal in a mans world, doing pole dancing. I just wish these girls well in their future employment in strip clubs/ pole dancing emporia. They deserve a chance folks, obviously not up to military standard.

NutLoose
14th Jun 2013, 20:01
One could say cast the first stone to those of us that haven't done something daft in our lives, amongst the honest ones of us there would be very few rocks cast, but then one wouldn't put it on the web for all to see.

Laarbruch72
14th Jun 2013, 20:37
Smudge: We haven't seen the ADF "trying to do a cover up on sexist remarks", we've seen the ADF dealing robustly with a horrible sexual abuse scandal, go and read the reports properly.
These Israeli girls were having a laugh in their barracks, just like young lads do. Cut out the embarrassing 70's sexist dinosaur approach eh? It was outdated ten years ago or more. Women in the forces ARE equal in 2013, they're not "wanting to be equal in a man's world". :rolleyes:

smujsmith
14th Jun 2013, 21:02
Laarbruch 72,

Well thanks for setting me right. Of course, it's 2013 and I'm 60 years old so I'm not entitled to an opinion, and obviously "modern thinking" overrides anything I have come to believe in my life. Believe me, I have no problem with women serving in the Armed Forces. I question the value to the forces of the sort of "page 3" type reporting we have seen. Likewise, there seems to be something, more than military, going on in Aussie at the moment. Whatever your opinion, I don't feel like a Dinosaur, I spent 30 years in the "mob" and I know that since my time lots of improvements have been made, and welcome that. I think, I have earned the right to have an opinion, as you are.

All the best

Smudge

500N
14th Jun 2013, 21:16
Smudge

What you have "going on in Australia at the moment"
is a female PM who is very unpopular, plays the sexist
card as much as she can - because she is untouchable
on the subject but worst of all, she got there because
of a female quota system.

I have cut and pasted someone else's response.

"A reference I believe that she made to all males in one of her man hate speeches, men only on blue ties ruling the country to the exclusion of capable women.

What she of course fails to mention is that she got her position and retained her preselection based on a female quota system imposed by the Labor party on all factions. This system effectively reserves a certain proportion of seats not only for the particular faction but for females in that faction.

You have ask yourself does this system of preferencing females based on an agenda and not ability result in the best brains getting the job? In her particular case I'd have to say no. Also if you do it enough you may well end up having a gender balanced party, without the best brains running it. The same can really be said for any gerrymandered arrangement, but this seems to apply in spades with this mob.

So here you have it, a female PM in the job because in part she is preferenced in there as part of the Left wing female mandated quota, running the country. It has to be a recipe for political disaster for not just Labor but for all of us.

She unashamedly plays the sex card as a female all the time as a weapon because in the Labor Party in her faction her position is untouchable, not so in politics in general however. The ultimate merit race, ie an election will soon remove her preferenced position, question is will she also lose her seat ?"

smujsmith
14th Jun 2013, 21:55
500N,

Precisely. I rest my case.

Smudge

500N
14th Jun 2013, 22:06
Smudge

"I question the value to the forces of the sort of "page 3" type
reporting we have seen."

Ironic you say that, just happened to look at The Sun today (online)
and guess what, an article on the sexiest soldiers in the world !!!

Even Michelle Goodman, the RAF pilot was in there.

So obviously some dinosaurs exist :O

smujsmith
14th Jun 2013, 22:45
500N,

Once again, I'm in total agreement. And, probably like many of my age, wonder at the logic of the arguments of the "women warriors". I joined the RAF in 1969 and for all my time in service have worked with, and respected my female colleagues, who have been ever present. What I find amusing is that in 2013, when women are an accepted part of every aspect of our services, they suddenly decide that "flaunting themselves" is the way to go. In my time I've gone through, Women's Royal Air Force to Women in the Royal Air Force. They have my respect and I believe fully deserve their top reputation. My point on the reports on the young Israeli ladies is that all that good that has been worked for over the years is thrown away when they allow themselves to be shown as sex objects rather than professional service people. I accept my thinking may be old fashioned, and I'm probably not explaining it too well. I do believe though that the respect women have gained over the past few years in the worlds military services may be usurped by such reporting. I doubt I'm the best judge on Page 3 stuff, I've never read the Sun in my life.

Smudge

Oh yes, Dinosaur, if I fit the bill I will take the sobriquet :ok:

Laarbruch72
14th Jun 2013, 23:35
The point I'm making Smudge is that you're taking a frivolous youtube video of some girls having a laugh in the barracks and making it a commentary on womens' roles in the forces. I say again, young lads post these sort of silly videos just as often.

By the way you seem to change your tune with the weather. You commented in this thread that the ADF were covering up sexist remarks, and elsewhere tonight you applauded the CinC's video condemning that same sexism. Which side do you fall on exactly?

500N
14th Jun 2013, 23:42
Smudge

Not sure what the UK was like but I am sure women on recruit courses,
training courses and whatever do just what the boys do, be it streaking
through the lines or round the barracks, mooning, getting pissed or
whatever.

NutLoose
14th Jun 2013, 23:54
I remember at Halton in the Summer there was a young WRAF recruit who when we put on our overalls in the morning and got down to our hacking and bashing used to strip off her shirt etc down to a thin skimpy tight TShirt before putting on her overalls and you could of heard a pin drop in the place, :eek: it was suggested by some spoilsport that she might like to use one of the classrooms to change.... She didn't mind changing with the rest of us and neither did we :O
But they insisted :{
Another, ever such a nice lass had injured her leg during basics, Med Centre said strained something so she limped through passing out and onto engineering training, got out of bed one morning and leg finally failed, turned out it was fractured and she had been walking on it for weeks due to wrong diagnosis. :ugh:

Great bunch I worked with through out my career

500N
14th Jun 2013, 23:59
Nutloose

What always made me laugh is a woman can prance around in a skimpy
bikini at the beach and a few might have a look.

Switch it to a tight T Short, Bra and Undies and all of a sudden
it has to be covered up or done elsewhere !

smujsmith
15th Jun 2013, 09:06
Laarbruch 72,

I'm sorry if the comments I made on this are not very well put. My remarks re the CinC were generally meant to convey my admiration for the fact that such a senior officer made the statement he did. A nice example of taking the lead when it was needed. I see that General Wall seems to be following the example in the UK by speaking out on future cuts etc. The young ladies of course, can do exactly as they wish, if the Isreali forces have no problem then why should anyone else ? I personally though find it amusing that in this "modern age", when we see women all over the media telling us that they want to be taken seriously in their jobs. That they find it necessary to act as they did.

I suppose the best words I could take on board are, that the hole is deep enough and it's time to stop digging. I doubt that I can explain my thoughts any better to you, and that you will want to find more fault. Thanks again for your help in my further education.

Smudge

Top Bunk Tester
15th Jun 2013, 11:15
Smudge wrote:

In my time I've gone through, Women's Royal Air Force to Women in the Royal Air Force.

What? All of them? Hats off to you Smudge :p

NutLoose
15th Jun 2013, 11:50
Smudge wrote:

Quote:
In my time I've gone through, Women's Royal Air Force to Women in the Royal Air Force.
What? All of them? Hats off to you Smudge

Judging my some of them in my time, he deserves a medal for services beyond the call of duty.

Ancient Squipper
15th Jun 2013, 15:22
Is that what the Isrealis call. Crack Troops?

Wensleydale
15th Jun 2013, 15:26
Crack Troops?

Or even the "Royal Whores Artillery".

glad rag
15th Jun 2013, 18:31
Now that IS out of line.

Milo Minderbinder
16th Jun 2013, 19:00
Camouflage Lingerie & Camoflage Lingerie (http://www.yandy.com/camouflage_lingerie.asp)