PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Direct Entry First Officers

Pages : [1] 2

dublinaviator
13th Jun 2013, 16:21
To all those who moaned about Aer Lingus' recent cadetship and not giving opportunities to pilots already qualified, here's your chance:

Aer Lingus Recruitment - Direct Entry First Officer (https://aerlingus.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/lgrl/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=0)

Stocious
13th Jun 2013, 17:53
TeaTowel, are you receiving?

cgwhitemonk11
14th Jun 2013, 12:05
This is good news. I got the application in straight away first thing this morning. A320 type rated with zero on type and 1000tt, heres hoping. :)

Adur75
17th Jun 2013, 15:40
Online Assessment are just sent now (at least i received mine now)

MiTo
17th Jun 2013, 16:41
I have received mine now!
Any information appreciated!

Adur75
17th Jun 2013, 17:45
I would like to help you, but until tomorrow i won't register (you have 3 days to complete and i am a bit busy now).
Probably when you register, before doing the test, you will have both instructions and examples as the AerLingus Cadet one.

Aleboni
17th Jun 2013, 17:57
I've received online assesments.. Do you know something about it? :)

EK4457
17th Jun 2013, 19:16
Anyone got the tests who is not A320 TR?

Aleboni
17th Jun 2013, 19:42
Here i am.. TT 290 hrs ATPL frozen :)

fulminn
17th Jun 2013, 20:13
Desirable criteria

• Applicants who hold a current A320 type-rating or have multi-crew commercial experience.

Full and accurate reference information will be sought as part of the selection process

Please note that if the volume of candidates meeting all essential criteria is high, Aer Lingus will then takedesirable criteria into account. This means that even if you meet all essential criteria, you may not be invited to interview.

CY333
17th Jun 2013, 20:53
I got the online assessment , not rated 275 TT

clvf88
17th Jun 2013, 21:17
When did you guys apply out of interest? Probably too early to get concerned as I only sent off my application last night but I'm a little worried; nothing heard yet!!

G-GOLF
17th Jun 2013, 21:52
Great to see things open up again. I've done the tests for the current cadet scheme, a mouse was needed.

Just got the invite for the tests for this one, applied 2 days ago. fATPL 160 hrs.

G'luck all!

Fanor
17th Jun 2013, 23:14
G-GOLF how can you have a "fatpl" with 160 hours? When CPL licence issue requires 200.

G-GOLF
17th Jun 2013, 23:39
If I remember correctly it is reduced to 150 hrs when taking an approved course, I'm not sure if that strictly applies to integrated training.

Black Pudding
18th Jun 2013, 07:14
200 hours, you sure.

drben
18th Jun 2013, 09:33
Hi everyone!

On the application there was a question if I have a valid JAA or EASA ATPL or not. I answered no, because I have a frozen ATPL. (CPL ME/IR with ATPL Theory and MCC, 209 TT)

Did I mess up my application? :confused:

Thanks
Ben

Alessio
18th Jun 2013, 11:04
Got the test right now! Few hours total time but rated. I'm worried about the MapTq test...

A330ETOPS
18th Jun 2013, 11:06
Just done the online test. A320 rated, Zero hours.

Windshear23
18th Jun 2013, 11:33
Did the online test yesterday. fATPL, 220 hours

Txetxu
18th Jun 2013, 12:34
I did it yesterday. fATPL 570 hours TT.

Does anyone have an answer yet?. :ugh:

Pirrex
18th Jun 2013, 12:47
Anybody who didn't get the online assessment, but applied last week. I got it as well, 159hrs TT.

annita
18th Jun 2013, 13:01
run of time on one, does it matter?

Alessio
18th Jun 2013, 13:38
do you have any advice for better perfomance on the Maptq test?

Take-Off05
18th Jun 2013, 17:01
me applied...no feedback yet.

in case i get an "invitation" for the online test, i would like to know what it is about...atpl theory? or psychometric tests? or mix of both.

Alessio
18th Jun 2013, 19:17
Some psycho tests... and general questions about you...

flyingoul
18th Jun 2013, 19:51
FATPL, 400 TT, did the online test today and received an email saying that i will be asked to complete the online pre-selection exercises. Does anyone have any information regarding the preparation of these tests?

flyingoul
18th Jun 2013, 20:29
@ Syntax Error : I've completed the psycho this morning and received an email this evening about the pre-selection exercise. It is also mentioned that an appropriate score is required to pass the test.

NovemberRomeo
18th Jun 2013, 20:57
I did the test this evening. I also receive the second email regarding pre selection exercises. I received it before I started the tests though?

B-U-S-S
18th Jun 2013, 21:06
The pre-selection test is the online test you guys just did.

NovemberRomeo
18th Jun 2013, 21:22
I guess it's a double email but the wording and description is different saying I will be contacted again to complete them. I managed around half of the verbal reasoning.

flyer696
18th Jun 2013, 21:26
Hi guys!

What kind of questions can I expect? Math? Memory? ATPL?

Any examples? Will appreciate any info :)

Atilair
18th Jun 2013, 22:47
Quite weird, I've done the online test and I didn't get the 30 ATPL questions! Are you sure?

Anyway I messed up on the verbal and spatial reasoning! I've found these parts pretty hard!

Good luck

clvf88
18th Jun 2013, 22:58
and of course in the end 30 ATPL questions to enjoy.
Mainly based on operations, minimas, maximas and loads of fog!

Can anyone else confirm this? I have not heard of anyone else encountering ATPL questions.

Windshear23
18th Jun 2013, 23:03
I haven't found any of those ATPL questions TBH...

DSACZ
19th Jun 2013, 06:43
Good morning folks,

2 days ago I received an invitation to do the pre-selection tests online, which I did yesterday. In the first email I got from Aer Lingus HR there was a remark about doing it in three days. Personally, I really don´t like such tests, especially putting right pieces in right places in that 3D game or the last exercise which was the tunnel flying. I wasn´t nearly able to fly through any of those obstacles :-)

After having finished it, several hours later, I got another email from them inviting me for pre-selection tests. I know it has been mentioned here dozen times, but I reckon that the second email was written in a slightly different manner than the first one.

Also there was no remark that needs to be finished in 3 days.

Nonetheless I wish you the best of luck, hopefully some of you are lucky and get through.

Best regards from Prague.

The second email from HR:

As part of your application to Aer Lingus for the role of First Officer, you will be asked to complete a number of online pre-selection exercises.

An invitation to complete the exercises will be sent to you by email from our test partner within the next few days. We strongly advise you to monitor your e-mail account for this invitation.
Please follow the instructions carefully and complete the exercises as soon as you receive them.

The skills tested in these exercises are essential to ensure the satisfactory performance of the job. You must obtain an appropriate score on each exercise to be eligible to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process. We regret that if you do not pass this stage for any reason you will not be considered for the next stage of the recruitment process.

If you have any questions about these tests, have any special requirements, or do not receive an invitation to take this test from our test partner over the next 3 days, please e-mail us at [email protected].

Yours Sincerely

The Aer Lingus Recruitment Team

flyingoul
19th Jun 2013, 08:15
Exactely the same for me

CY333
19th Jun 2013, 12:04
I personally found time to be the issue with most exercises.
The flying in the tunnel was not as bad as I thought considering 2 crashes in 3 minutes but the 3d cubes and the text questions needed more time.

Aleboni
19th Jun 2013, 13:02
I've found this mail too. Just wait :)

Windshear23
19th Jun 2013, 13:05
I got it as well. Good luck lads :)

junior_flyer
19th Jun 2013, 13:35
hi guys, I've just recieved my confirmation mail, does anyone have any good tips or insighters on the next phase?

CY333
19th Jun 2013, 14:18
I finished the assessment today, anyone got an idea how long it takes for an update?
Got the second email also as soon as I started the assessment....

Aleboni
19th Jun 2013, 14:38
Junior- flyer did you pass the online assesments ? :)

junior_flyer
19th Jun 2013, 14:58
negative, thats my first step, any good tips?

Paulie Walnuts
19th Jun 2013, 16:07
I have received written confirmation from Aer Lingus that the second email is a system response sent in error and that there is no second round of online testing. With that in mind the next stage is interview and sim test and at this time they have not scheduled a time for them. At least there'll be no more flying down the tunnel my face was numb after that...

3bars
19th Jun 2013, 17:06
Where in the email does it state the tests must be carried out within 3 days? Comprehension test failed:E

axl76fg
19th Jun 2013, 17:13
For the guys that already done the test,
Could you confirm me that you don't need a Joystick and you can simple use the Mouse?

Atilair
19th Jun 2013, 17:22
Yeah you only need your mouse and keyboard

3bars
19th Jun 2013, 17:22
Yip... Just a mouse required

PA34
19th Jun 2013, 19:08
Hi all!
Yeah I got an email this afternoon about (another?) online pre-selection test? But I'd finished the online assessment with the numeracy, verbal reasoning, hand-eye coordination last night already. Do I disregard this email or will we get a second set of online tests?

Does anyone know what the rest of the selection process looks like? Sim grading (A320?) and interview?

Great opportunity :)
Cheers!

Yahweh
19th Jun 2013, 20:35
I believe that second e-mail you are all talking about is in response to speculative applications that were sent to aer lingus, they keep these on file for a period of six months and it seems this e-mail is an automated response to that.

My guess is that you can ignore it if you've applied for the direct entry scheme in the past few days as it's exactly the same competition.

Alessio
19th Jun 2013, 22:43
I've just done the online assessment... found a little issue about time, not so easy but satisfactory! particularly about verbal reasoning

I just wonder how long does it takes now for the response..

Cheers

john1000
20th Jun 2013, 00:50
Is anybody who has experience of the online assessment willing to spill?

PA34
20th Jun 2013, 10:13
Where did you read 4 weeks after closing date...?

In my email it said: ""Thank you very much for your cooperation and good luck. We will be in contact shortly after you have completed the assessments."

lukelongthorne
20th Jun 2013, 15:13
This is one of the initial emails we received..

Thank you for completing your online application,

Following the initial screening, the most suitable candidates will be invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process. If your application is successful at this stage, we will contact you within 4 weeks of the vacancy closing date.

If you have not heard from us within this time then we regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We are unable to provide individual feedback as to why your application has not been successful due to the volume of candidates applying to our vacancies.

What do you think?

CY333
20th Jun 2013, 15:59
I saw that also.....

alpacino
20th Jun 2013, 16:18
Am I the only one who is blocked at page 8 when it says

Please enter your rating on up to 4 relevant types. If you flew a particular type for more than one employer, please enter seperately and start with your most recent employer. Please include A320/A330 experience if you are rated on these aircraft.

Employer Name whilst on Type*

I have no working experience so I do not know what to enter, is it happened to you too ?

thanks

flyhiguy28
20th Jun 2013, 18:32
Best of luck to everybody who is going for this. I'm going to do the tests tomorrow when I'm less tired :zzz:

550TT, no TR, ex mil pilot. Fingers crossed. :}

G0dL1k3
20th Jun 2013, 22:54
anybody with some info about the math questions asked?

eaglesnest1972
21st Jun 2013, 08:30
Hi guys,

after the tests i got the email sent by lack of coordination too.
I got no further email.
Am i ok? what to expect next?

Thanks

PA34
21st Jun 2013, 09:03
yeah I actually got both emails; one indeed saying it'd be 4 weeks, the other one saying "We will be in contact shortly after you have completed the assessments".

Besides the email that got sent after I'd done the assessments already (faulty or not?) I haven't heard anything yet but I've got everything crossed :)

Does anyone know how many ppl they're looking for??

eaglesnest1972
21st Jun 2013, 09:13
Yes,

exactly the same for me...
well, a bit of confusion of the Island:E

Lets seat and wait:ok:

Hangar6
21st Jun 2013, 10:04
EI will launch SFO and YYZ next year so current crew will move to 330 if they wish leaving a decent number of spots FO 320 TR to backfill which cadets won't be ready for, DUB base but easy to commute to most UK and even EUR cities
SNN will also be base for the three leased B757 and again some existing crew may transfer plus SH fleet is growing , cannot say what number is but it's all positive news and growth in these times is welcome

Windshear23
21st Jun 2013, 10:27
Very exciting news indeed Hangar6. It's good to see that at last there's some light at the end of the tunnel...

PA34
21st Jun 2013, 10:44
thanks Hangar6! :)

Any more inside info about the following stages of the selection?

Cheers!

Tommaso
21st Jun 2013, 12:09
Hi guys,

got the invitation to the online assessment yesterday.

Does anybody know if you have to do all the tests (numeracy, orientation, verbal reasoning, etc) in a ''single shot'' or if you can actually log out and come back later to complete the assessment?

Thanks for your help, ;)

PS 300 h TT , frozen atpl

Jpiper
21st Jun 2013, 13:07
You can log back out and do the rest later. Once you start a test though, you need to finish it.

I'd recommend using a external mouse for the hand eye coordination though.

Aleboni
21st Jun 2013, 13:08
All with just a unique login :( i did those 2 days ago :bored:

Mac72
21st Jun 2013, 19:58
Finished the test....what the hell is that tube business about?! :confused:
1600TT, rated - low hours

flyer696
21st Jun 2013, 20:36
Just did first 4 tests. Can you give me some examples of questions in verbal reasoning, numerancy and complex control?

1000TT, non type rated

Cyrard_cazeilles
22nd Jun 2013, 07:43
Hi guys,

Anyone can help me figure out what they mean by:
- Further Education
- General Education

I am French and we do not have the same educational features here.

I have universities (MBA) degree, and before that I gor a French baccalauréat (equivalent of your A-levels).

Do I need to consider that university degrees are "Further Education" and everything till A-levels (included) is "General Education" or is it the contrary ?

Many thanks or your help...

jc2065
22nd Jun 2013, 09:10
That's correct. Gen ed = Bac

Further. = university

kingdingeling
22nd Jun 2013, 10:55
Are the tests all in English, or available in multiple languages?

Verbal reasoning would be easier in my own language. :hmm:

eaglesnest1972
22nd Jun 2013, 11:05
I completed the tests 5 days ago but since then no news...
Whats next?

flyer696
22nd Jun 2013, 12:55
Yes, they are in different languages but I can't promise that you will find your native language in the dropdown list.

fanfan
23rd Jun 2013, 17:16
Tests done!:cool: Waiting for feed-back...

NO TR 1000TT 600 Jet

harry-seaside
24th Jun 2013, 12:28
Hi Guys,

Good to see some recruitment again in these dark times.

I just got the email, my question was how long it will take to finish the test?

Good luck to you all.

900hours total. 600heavy tprop. non rated

magicmick
24th Jun 2013, 13:41
binnader – yes I attached a cover letter as well as a copy of my CV.

harry – seaside – the tests take about 1.5 to 2 hrs total, depends how many practices you have at each individual test.

I’m a low hrs non rated scrote and I got an email last week inviting me to complete the online assessment tests which I did at the weekend but I’m not holding my breath. The job ad stated that preference would be given to rated people and there’s plenty of them looking for work at the moment.

I only managed to complete about 2/3 of the verbal reasoning assessment questions before I ran out of time.

I had a fairly good practice at the final assessment to get a good feel for it before doing the assessed version, however I think that I did better in the non assessed practices than the assessed version, typical really and I’d invested £3 in a mouse for my laptop!!!!!

If the final result is based upon an overall mark for all the tests then maybe some of the others marks could raise my overall result to an acceptable level but if it’s based on individual pass marks for each test then I’m screwed (not the first time, won’t be the last).

As lukelongthorne mentioned before it’s a case of waiting up to 4 weeks from the closing date (11th July) to hear the results but as I mentioned earlier I’m not holding my breath.

smok84
25th Jun 2013, 14:06
I received an invitation aswell for the online assessment.
Unfortunately I have no type rating and no airliner experience.

Some people said that the test would be available in more languages.
Does anyone know if dutch is one of the languages?

And ofcourse good luck to everyone!!

DrLemon757
25th Jun 2013, 20:29
Hi guys,
I submitted also the same online test few days ago! Does anybody have any idea when they will get back to us with a positive or negative feedback..?? Do you think that there is also a possibility to receive a phone call for a kind phone interview???
Thanks guys good luck to all of us!

johnnyDB
26th Jun 2013, 10:50
Yup, i saw dutch in there... "nederlands"

smok84
26th Jun 2013, 14:39
Thanks for the info!!
I just completed the online assessment.

The verbal reasoning was very difficult in my opinion.
The rest was okay, I think.

Only the last test (hand eye coördination) I crashed a couple of times when the speed went up and I had to go through the 3 small holes.
But ofcourse they let you do hand eye coördination at the end, when you already tired :)

Now we all just have to wait for the feedback.
exciting times !!!

eaglesnest1972
26th Jun 2013, 14:56
exciting...yes...

calls will be made, if any, after 11 july i think as stated on the ad.

we can all go to the seaside in the meantime:E

flyer696
26th Jun 2013, 15:02
Guys what number you've got in the end of your Login ID to assessment? Mine is 369 and just wondering how much people logged in. It can give us some idea about competition :)

James Seward
27th Jun 2013, 01:24
I was 464 if that means much. I guess there were lots of applicants so competition is a natural consequence. Now we must wait patiently till 11th July.

flyingfox320
27th Jun 2013, 06:17
Looks like that number is not the reference number of each applicant because I have same number 464 :) will wait and see! :)

benish
27th Jun 2013, 08:17
Just got the email now asking me to do the tests.
Anyone know how long it takes to complete the tests?

benish
27th Jun 2013, 08:18
Just got the email now asking me to do the tests.
Anyone know how long it takes to complete the tests?
I don't wanna sit down and be rushed and I don't want to register to find out more about the tests as you only get 3 days to complete them! I'm very tight for time these days!!

flyingfox320
27th Jun 2013, 09:48
@benish

It took me almost 2 hour depends on how much exercise (example) will you do... :) before I did mine test I tried couple of very similar free test on internet....

nrn
28th Jun 2013, 09:49
Wow, just did the thest, unbelieveble difficult. Got half way through the verbal reasoning, math tests where not too nice either.

I don't expect any calls I'm afraight...

737 3000 hrs SFI

superstall
29th Jun 2013, 20:32
I've also just done it. 5500tt and wondering how I've survived these past few years as that was a :mad:!

gearupflapsupshutup
30th Jun 2013, 09:25
I feel with you super stall!
My flying skills go up and up, psychometric skills go down....
I do gliding, tail dragging, airline flying over 4000TT but think I should go to evening school :-( just to get the next flying job

diamond1
30th Jun 2013, 14:07
I am trying to register to apply but the security question at the bottom of the register page will not load correctly, anyone else having this problem? I have tried 3 different browsers...

Roggel29
30th Jun 2013, 14:55
I've got the same problem. :(

Piasek_PL
1st Jul 2013, 22:41
Hi,

Does any body know the publisher of the tests? Was there any logo or name on test content?

suntorytimo
2nd Jul 2013, 05:07
I did the online assessment on Thursday, no reply yet. Did well in everything but the verbal reasoning and the coordination. Only managed to do about one third of the verbal reasoning test! Hopefully that doesn't impact my chances too greatly, also was using some terrible mouse I had never used before and crashed a few too many times on the coordination test, maybe 4 times? Will see what happens.

I don't think the tests reflect at all on anyone's flying abilities and suitability for the cockpit.

280 total time newly qualified.

MCDU2
2nd Jul 2013, 08:53
I don't think the tests reflect at all on anyone's flying abilities and suitability for the cockpit

Repeat after me......I cannot change the system so must learn to play the game.

Remember we were all that soldier. It's no different trying to get into BA or any of the other legacy airlines. You jump through a series of hoops devised by HR departments that have little or no understanding of the job on a day to day basis. Then when you are on the line you look around and wonder how any of us got through in the first place.

IXUXU
2nd Jul 2013, 09:34
Repeat after me......I cannot change the system so must learn to play the game

Actually we can change the system.
Actually we can do whatever we want.
Actually to make a pilot you need...yes, that´s correct.....another pilot.

Unfortunately, we are our own worst enemies out there...

MCDU2
2nd Jul 2013, 11:08
I commend your enthusiasm. When you get back from your interview post up how you got on for us.

Txetxu
2nd Jul 2013, 13:46
We all are bouncing off the walls. We don´t know how they are going to score these tests.
You are talking about how many times you crashed on the coordination test, you forget the purpose of that test was "go as far as you can", not how many times you crashed.
It doesn't matter if you completed the whole exercise, It's more important complete a few tasks well, that complete the whole excercise wrong.

Keep calm and love aviation

fungi
2nd Jul 2013, 14:44
Hi all,
I have a problem with registration to online tests.
I received email from AL to register with their test partner. I have IDpass for that.
But when I'm trying to register with them, I'm not receiving any email (and during the registration process, on the screen, they wrote, that they are sending registration details immidiately), so I can't register or log in.
I'm using the same email adress as for AL registration.
WTF?
What I'm doing wrongly?

skylog
2nd Jul 2013, 22:43
fungi, check if it is going to your junk mail. Failing that contact aer lingus directly.

hobnobanyone
3rd Jul 2013, 09:46
Any bets as to when the inevitable PFO is going to make an appearance?

3000TT and those tests reduced me to mush. I even had a dream (or nightmare maybe!) about being attacked by a giant cube with strange shapes on the side.

But apparently, it's very important as if you don't score highly enough in the tests, you don't have the aptitude for flying.

In that case, I don't know how I managed the last 6 years of commercial flying on balance. Feeling strangely inept today...

:}

mikemorgan81
3rd Jul 2013, 14:28
Has anyone else just received an email about doing the 7 online tests? I did the tests a few weeks back, so it appears to have been sent in error but I thought it was worth checking just in case

A_Woods
3rd Jul 2013, 14:35
From reading the email, it is a follow up to remind people they need doing before the 11th July. It says if you've done them then thanks and ignore this email pretty much

mikemorgan81
3rd Jul 2013, 14:41
Perhaps I should have read the whole email! Cheers

antes56
4th Jul 2013, 08:11
Hi everyone

what did you put on the request: do you hold a valid JAA atpl?

I don't have it, only frozen ATPL and CPL MEP IR, but don't see any box to write about that

help :ok:

WX Man
4th Jul 2013, 08:58
Has anyone else got an email reminding them to take the online tests?

I took the online tests over a week ago, but got an email yesterday saying "... if you haven't already taken the tests, please do so now."

Just wondering if it's a blanket email or whether there are gremlins in the system.

Aleboni
4th Jul 2013, 08:59
I had that mail too :confused:

antes56
4th Jul 2013, 09:22
anyone can help me figure out what to put on that question?

998sfe
4th Jul 2013, 10:19
I put no to that question as I have a frozen ATPL and still I received the email to do the tests.

Cheers

CY333
4th Jul 2013, 13:29
Me too, is just a reminder guys

CY333
4th Jul 2013, 13:48
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your application for the Direct Entry First Officer role with Aer Lingus.

An email has been sent to all applicants with a link to log on and complete an online assessment comprising of 7 tests. The closing date logging on and completing the tests is Thursday the 11th of July 2013. Once you log on you will have 72 hours to complete all 7 tests.

If you have completed all 7 tests, thank you. We will be in contact with all applicants after the closing date regarding the next stage in the process.

If you have not yet logged on please ensure that you do so before the closing date. If you have not received the link, please check your Junk or Spam folder. If the email is not there please contact us immediately stating the date you applied.

Thank you for your interest in Aer Lingus.

Best regards,

drag king
4th Jul 2013, 15:09
Me too, is just a reminder guys

Hi CY, have you tried to login again to figure out what the 7 tests are about? I have got the same email but I haven't done anything yet? Worth dropping an email to their HR to make sure they received the 1st completed test? I never got a "...thanks for playing with us..." mail after the test...

CY333
4th Jul 2013, 15:54
Personal detailsMy Task list
My Task list

You have now completed all tasks. Thank you very much. You can leave the system by clicking on ‘logout’.

BOMBER X
5th Jul 2013, 14:38
HI, I have the same remark than you,increasing aviation skills but decreasing psychometric/non-aviation oriented tests.

all the best guys!

flying apprentice
5th Jul 2013, 15:12
Did anyone else get a maths question about a 'square' jerry can with length 27cm and width 25cm and given height ?

Was this just a badly worded question or did I miss a trick here?

flyer696
6th Jul 2013, 11:57
The trick is that I was asked to calculate volume of liquid inside the container, not the containter capacity. And of course it wasn't fully filled.

flying apprentice
6th Jul 2013, 22:21
I didn't spot that. Ooops. I was more thrown by the fact the square had sides of unequal length !

Am surprised they said most wouldn't be able to answer all the questions in the given time. Thought they weren't that tricky.

TyRod
9th Jul 2013, 00:04
Hi guys,

Just completed the tests.
The "death tunnel" was pretty easy with the few minutes of training before starting the real test.
The numerical test was pretty easy too even if I had a hard time reminding some formulas... ( KW to HP??? thought we were flying A320 here)
Reactivity: hard to make a mistake.
Observation of the drawings was easy at the beginning and became a bit hard at the end.
Same remarks for the spatial test.
Verbal reasonning, 12 minutes it s just impossible to complete the test, around 35 answers out of 49.

Good luck guys!

I have the impression that less guys take the aer lingus selection compared to the easyjet one.

hvogt
9th Jul 2013, 07:41
I had a hard time reminding some formulas... ( KW to HP???I knew it was about 0.75 from HP to kW, then I saw the factor was given in the question. Tough one, really.

Vipersrt10
9th Jul 2013, 07:41
I have the impression that less guys take the aer lingus selection compared to the easyjet one.

Less guys? Every single pilot without a job applies to Aer Lingus. They've recieved over 5000 applications so far.

Stall-turn-Go
9th Jul 2013, 08:14
Erm.....

Where are you getting your numbers from?! 5000 applications?! So the equivalent of a third of all professional pilots in the UK have applied to Aer Lingus?...

Alessio
9th Jul 2013, 08:59
Hi!
I can't remember which was the question about Hp and Kw conversion...
Time is running up... The 11 o july is near...

p.s. I also think that 5000 applications are too many...

Vipersrt10
9th Jul 2013, 17:53
So the equivalent of a third of all professional pilots in the UK have applied to Aer Lingus?..

Not only UK pilots apply... Almost EVERY pilot in Europe with no job applies to Aer Lingus / Ryanair / etc. Add the guys who are stuck in the middle east and wanna go home and the 5000 will be quite accurate

hobnobanyone
10th Jul 2013, 08:40
A large number of FlyBE pilots have also applied.

It depends on what they are after though? A good number of Captains from FlyBE have applied and done the tests, as have a LOT of F/Os.

If you look at the criteria on the website:

Essential criteria
• A valid JAA/EASA issued ATPL (or frozen ATPL).
• A current ME/IR.
• MCC qualification.
• Current Class 1 Medical certificate.
• Provide 3 verifiable references.
• English Language Proficiency level 4 or higher.
• Permanently eligible to live and work in the EU with an unrestricted worldwide passport.
• Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure.
• Possession and demonstration of the key competencies outlined below .
• Strong leadership potential with well developed teamwork skills.
• Excellent communication skills - fluent in English, spoken and written.
• Proven Interpersonal skills.
• A broad awareness of our customers' expectations.
• Flexible and adaptable with an enthusiastic and positive attitude to change.
Desirable criteria
• Applicants who hold a current A320 type-rating or have multi-crew commercial experience.
Full and accurate reference information will be sought as part of the selection process
Please note that if the volume of candidates meeting all essential criteria is high, Aer Lingus will then takedesirable criteria into account. This means that even if you meet all essential criteria, you may not be invited to interview.

If the number of applications is that high, and it really is 5000 applications, I can't help but feel that the diserable criteria will be taken into account.

Although, that's assuming that they don't just wield the axe on the aptitude test results alone - ala easyJet with the DEP scheme.

An interesting argument (put forward by a psychologist!) goes that after the age of 25, your score in these tests decreases. And certainly after years of flying, I really struggled with those. I'll be for the chop methinks.

skylog
12th Jul 2013, 12:32
Does anybody else have the following application status "invite to pre selection online test" even though they did the online tests?

Watt001
12th Jul 2013, 13:53
Yes, I wrote an e-mail, they told me it`s OK.

worldoffe
12th Jul 2013, 13:59
Don't worry! Same here :D

skylog
12th Jul 2013, 14:10
Cheers, AL recruitment team confirmed

lyubko
13th Jul 2013, 10:03
I've just finished their On-line assessment.
12 crashes in the tunel,
Less than 10 answers on Verbal Reasoning ... ( I don't know number of right ones )
Other parts was easy ( I think , or I hope ..)
Next stage - phone interview ?
.. if available for me :{

Vander
13th Jul 2013, 18:21
Anyone else with a decent amount of hours on the 320 applied?

sporting just over 1000h on 320 here

Vander
14th Jul 2013, 14:11
Yes, psycho tests are always scary.

I had a near perfect run on the other parts; all cubes solved, no tunnel crashes etc..
Guess I'll know next week.

immelmann87
16th Jul 2013, 14:15
Hi guys,

any clues when AL may start calling/mailing the lucky ones? ;)

Alessio
19th Jul 2013, 22:48
Hi!
Anybody knows when the next step is going to happen?

Jaz110285
21st Jul 2013, 14:48
Good morning guys, anyone of you had news about the next step? Anyone has been called or emailed??? Already passed 10 day from the closing date..

:sad:

vpelado
22nd Jul 2013, 09:54
No news up to now here...

bns88
23rd Jul 2013, 06:01
Nothing yet..

on the brakes
23rd Jul 2013, 09:30
neither have I ...

hobnobanyone
23rd Jul 2013, 11:40
Nothing here either!

B-U-S-S
23rd Jul 2013, 12:41
Heard that there was around 4000 applications!

A320_Lover
23rd Jul 2013, 19:08
Quite normal, this is the result of our Europe that doesn't give chances to low houred pilots to begin this career. Everybody applied.

Vipersrt10
24th Jul 2013, 07:45
Heard that there was around 4000 applications!

More than 5000 to be precise...

Woody12
24th Jul 2013, 09:04
More than 5000??? :sad:

Where is now the advantage of being typerated??
I dont want to know the amount of high experienced guys.

Really really sad. I am considering changing career.

talktomegoose
24th Jul 2013, 09:51
Does anyone have an estimate on the number of vacancies for the immediate requirement for this? Sounds as if vacancies have opened up due to existing crew being moved onto wide body fleet and/or expansion to other bases. 30, 40, 50...?

Looking at the other thread it looks as if AL HR are busy with the cadet scheme at the moment but I wouldn't be suprised if the phone calls start next week...good luck everyone!

Vander
25th Jul 2013, 12:38
Talktomegoose might be right about this one.
HR department seems to be working full time interviewing cadets.
Might be a while until they start inviting direct entry applicants.
More time to refresh your ATPL / A320 knowlegde ;)

Don't be discouraged by the number of applications. Usually more than half of those don't even meet the minimum requirements.

I'd say if you are type rated and did better than average on the pre-tests you are more than likely receiving an invite.

Aerlingus231
25th Jul 2013, 23:52
The cadet program is being done so that Aer Lingus can select the best pilots, not just the best that were able to afford training. If you disagree with this policy then you'll have a hard time if you ever make it into Aer Lingus as this scheme was pushed for for years by the pilot group in Aer Lingus. I don't see how anyone out there could complain about a cadet scheme being offered. Of course there'll be less DE places than if they recruited by DE only, but this is what has been pushed for for years now at Aer Lingus and was always the way it was done pre 9/11.

The cadet program allows Aer Lingus to train their crews from day 1 in the way they want. It's not a stupid idea and is finally a sign of an airline with a sensible, responsible approach to hiring to pilots instead of this P2F crap we've seen invade the industry.

Pirrex
26th Jul 2013, 02:00
While they will definitely get people who perform very good in tests, i don't think the cadets will be as highly motivated, as those who self-funded their training without help from a rich daddy.

Aerlingus231
26th Jul 2013, 10:29
I can assure you the selection process for the cadets is extremely rigorous, and with over 4,500 having applied those selected will not only be extremely driven but also extremely loyal to the company. Cadets have historically been exponentially more loyal to Aer Lingus and more likely to spend their entire careers there than their direct entry counterparts and that is why Aer Lingus is investing over €75,000 in each one of them.

truckflyer
26th Jul 2013, 11:22
The cadet program is made to grease the wheels, from the airlines to the FTO's - I mean how else would the FTOs survive unless they had DUMB cheap flock that keeps walking over the edge.

Every time the self funded pilots go to the gallow, there will new fresh meat produced by the corporation of FTO's and Airlines lucrative deals together.

Stop being naive, money matters, and there are many greedy people in important positions in many companies these days, and they will tend to help each other increase their profit.

There is NEVER a deal without a GOLDEN HANDSHAKE, somebody somewhere is always getting this, unfortunately because this industry is attracting to many people with to much access to money than brains!

Cadet programs is a way to make people accept lower and lower T & C's in these days programs, as they make you grateful to get a bottle of water and a free uniform with a disgusting crew meal, while others now give you nothing!

Aerlingus231
26th Jul 2013, 11:33
The cadets will be on the same salary as the DEFOs with a €25,000 bond repaid over 3 years. There is no reduced salary, there are no reduced T&Cs. They're on the exact same contract as all other pilots in Aer Lingus.

Infact, as many of the DEFOs will have a €100,000 training load to repay to their financial institution or parents that they used to finance their ATPL and any other ratings in the past, the cadets will likely be in much better position than their DEFO counterparts.

Unless of course you'd rather go work with an airline with a much more responsible and sensible approach to selecting, hiring and training their pilots such as Ryanair, Wizz, EasyJet, Lion Air, Norwegian et al.

Vander
26th Jul 2013, 12:05
Lets not derail this thread into a discussion about cadet vs direct entry. We all want the job and bashing your would be future employer is not really what you should be focusing on.

Conan the Vulgarian
26th Jul 2013, 12:31
Normally I avoid these discussions like the plague, but this one has got to me - why would anyone trying to get a start in this industry have a problem with cadet programs?

Presumably you'd rather see a continued erosion of conditions for low/no houred applicants. More accurately, you'd rather see a continued decline in pay and conditions for everyone other than yourself. Shame on you. The rest of us will be wishing the cadet applicants the best of luck, and hoping we get a fair shot too.

contacttower118.2
26th Jul 2013, 12:48
I find it unbelievable that one or two posters are complaining about the Aer Lingus cadet scheme of all things!

Yes it is competitive but it sounds to me like one of the quickest and most secure routes, with good T&Cs to the RHS of an A320!

Some people whine that airlines do not do sponsorship any more.

Some people whine about the MPL despite it bringing more involvement of the partner airline.

Some people whine about schemes like this because it is "unfair" to those who paid and went modular.

Some people whine because of cadets that "daddy paid for".

I'm not saying that all of these complaints are without merit (far from it in some cases) but honestly sometimes reading this forum one gets the sense that some people will NEVER be happy and poke holes in WHATEVER is offered by an airline or a flight school.

truckflyer
27th Jul 2013, 00:08
It is not about knocking the cadets, it is the attitude of the industry.

The industry is greedy, they want your money, our money, that makes the FTO's turn around.
If the reality of the industry dawned on everybody, instead of photoshopped jet pictures selling the dream, to people willing to pay with blood and a bit more, to end up getting nothing, no job, and debts that they can never repay, but do you think CTC or OAA or any other FTO's cares about the end result, as long as they can show that a few of their former students got a job, and is living the "dream"

The FTO's need new students, telling the students that their chances of getting a job is close to zero, does not suit them.
The airlines need oversupply of pilots, this way they can keep lowering the T & C' s for everybody.

For the cadets, sure it is a great way to get into the industry, it keeps the FTO's busy, the trainers working, and it keeps current already trained pilots out of a job, as they will be "over-qualified" to apply for the cadet program.

In other educations, example becoming a doctor, it is controlled by admission, this way it keeps a balance between supply and demand.

The current free for all, is unfortunately not beneficial for anyone, it is bringing the industry to it's knees.

Aerlingus231
27th Jul 2013, 00:21
A lot of what you say is true, the industry is greedy and all about the money, but you seem to be missing a few facts here.

Aer Lingus pays it's pilots a set salary. They're not paid per hour so for Aer Lingus having an oversupply of pilots is a bad thing. Aer Lingus pilots are pushed right up to the 900 hour limit and they only employ as many pilots as they need, not like other airlines that make a profit simply out of hiring pilots and it doesn't cost them a cent to keep them on the payroll.

This has nothing to do with keeping FTOs in business. The FTO has not been selected yet. Aer Lingus is the the business of making money for Aer Lingus, not for keeping FTOs in business.

This is Aer Lingus taking an admission based approach to the industry once again, it's training those that it wants, no more, no less.

You seem to be confusing Aer Lingus and FTOs a lot in your argument. This is not a whim Aer Lingus are acting on, they're putting substantial quantities of money into training it's future pilots, it's covering €100,000 worth of training and type-ratings for these cadets out of it's own pockets. This is not a part sponsorship like other airlines offer where if you do the training they sorta kinda maybe might employ you at the end, this is the real deal.

truckflyer
27th Jul 2013, 01:11
Having much experience from business, I can maybe see things a bit more sinister than most who only live and breath for aviation.

Yes what you say about AL's program is partly right, however most such deals, between airline and FTO's are made by connections and not a random FTO.

There was a recent case where SAS employed 6 "cadet pilots" - that had graduated by a certain FTO, who was owned by 2 SAS captains.

You and me, we do not normally get full insight in such deals and agreements, and we often do not know the reality of such contracts between airlines and FTO's, however there is always an interest of money that decides who gets to do what.

Often there are individuals in the background cashing in big time on such deals and agreements, to secure agreements between companies.

I am pretty sure like CTC, they wine and dine the right people, to give them support for their programs, and I am pretty sure such companies secures these agreements with more than just wine and dinner, sinister but true.

Fairness does not exist in business. He who pays the most, wins the most.

Paxi_R6
27th Jul 2013, 02:56
Can't say I agree so much,The Cadet program is a great way into the industry sure I applied and still holding out hope for the next stage.

There's more than enough Irish folk flying around Europe and the world to fill the boots of pilots EI need, I know a few to say the least who'd kill to get a chance to come home. Okay some have to pay to fly, you tell me what European operator who's hiring consistently low houred pilots and will pay for type rating:p
Most jobs require experience on jet anyway plus that experience/Hours on jet will come in extremely handy.

As for the DE & cadets who stay loyal to the airline sure there's plenty of them who have, Others who have not! Many of whom all f*ck back off to the UK and so on flying for another well known flag carrier. The problem is EI hiring non-Irish citizens maybe if they stuck to the island north and south of the border there would be More DE & cadet loyalty(Even if they are based in Gatwick):ok:

truckflyer
27th Jul 2013, 03:12
"The problem is EI hiring non-Irish citizens "

That goes both ways, in the end it balances itself out. Don't see why they should be limited just to employing the Irish, as without the rest of EU Eire would be down the drain now unfortunately.

Personally they seem to be a good company compared to many others, however with RyR lurking in the background, I hope the line does not get crossed.

The question is not if the cadet program is good or bad, it is more the constant oversupply of pilots, making T & C's suffer.

MCDU2
27th Jul 2013, 15:33
The question is not if the cadet program is good or bad, it is more the constant oversupply of pilots, making T & C's suffer.

So perhaps the answer is that you should fall on your sword and "help" out the industry/your peers and go back to road haulage. One less wannabe pilot bringing down the industry as you state.

yoland
27th Jul 2013, 16:34
:rolleyes:

truckflyer
27th Jul 2013, 21:05
Why should I fall on my sword? I currently have a job, nothing against the cadet programs, just that there is a short-circuit in the system.

I think to many are getting frustrated of playing the waiting game, so the threads goes a bit of the rails. :E

Aerlingus231
27th Jul 2013, 21:29
I think the correct solution would be for people to stop self funding training themselves and get their future employers to make that investment in you, not the other way around.

truckflyer
27th Jul 2013, 21:48
Define self-funding?

Would not flying be boring if everybody would just go trough the robotic training that is offered by integrated schools.

Aerlingus231
27th Jul 2013, 21:59
That's what I'm talking about, that integrated courses be only offered to students with the backing of an Airline.

A far more fair way of doing it than saying airlines should sponsor no one and everyone should do integrated on their own bat. If airlines select the candidates then have them go get trained with the reasonable guarentee of a job at the end, then that'd considerably slow the over supply of pilots on the market, leaving only the self-improver/modular and military methods open to fill any resulting gaps.

contacttower118.2
28th Jul 2013, 12:12
Would not flying be boring if everybody would just go trough the robotic training that is offered by integrated schools.

Yes it would be boring but your point about over supply does not really stand up to scrutiny...

You complain about "oversupply" yet you describe cadet schemes as a "short circuit" in the system. Surely the way to regulate that would be to have only cadet schemes. Then it would be more like doctors right?

The current free for all, is unfortunately not beneficial for anyone, it is bringing the industry to it's knees.

This "free for all" far from being caused by cadet schemes is caused by flight schools being able to train whoever wants to train...

I am not for a moment suggesting that we should try and go down the road of "controlling" the pilot supply because that would lead to all sorts of other problems, I'm just saying that cadet schemes are not the reason for lowering T&Cs.

Organisations like CTC, who both train and then regulate the employment of the people they have trained and have close to a monopoly on pilot supply at some airlines are a slightly different question...

MaydayMaydayMayday
28th Jul 2013, 14:06
Actually, what was said about medical school admissions is correct. The number of UK medical graduates each year does, in theory, correspond to the number of F1 placements available in the UK as a whole. Medical schools are only provided with funding for this number of students, which is advised upon by the GMC. If a medical school goes over its supposed quota, it's generally down to there having been an excess of (lucrative) foreign students admitted, for whom they won't receive UK funding. Anyone can apply, of course, but they can't all get in. This frequently leaves a number of high school leavers with, on paper, the 'correct' results not gaining a place at a medical school. If there was no relationship to the number of F1 places available, you'd end up with hundreds of doctors with no route to GMC registration, preventing them working either in the UK or elsewhere.

The numbers studying law aren't related to any kind of quota, but there are a ton of law students and graduates who have no intention of ever being a lawyer. The same can't be said for medicine.

I'm saying this from the perspective of having gone to medical school in the UK.

Pilot training, at least non-sponsored, doesn't bear any relationship with the potential number of jobs, as everyone knows.

contacttower118.2
28th Jul 2013, 14:51
My apologies to truckflyer for doubting his point about doctor admission I was clearly wrong about that and I will edit my original post.

The point that I was making about oversupply and what causes it still stands though.

Another thing at the route of oversupply and poor T&Cs is that fundamentally aviation is one of the "dream" jobs insofar as the majority of people do it because it is what they have always wanted to do and will accept low pay as the price of that dream. Despite mass air travel, the locos and general loss of glamour in the industry it still carries an X factor about it that very few other industries do. This is why, more than anything, it does not follow the laws of supply and demand.

MaydayMaydayMayday
28th Jul 2013, 19:02
Many of the FTOs do, however, follow that supply and demand model. So many aspiring pilots willing to take a punt, which seems only to exacerbate the employment / T&Cs problem. The banks have at least realised that; stopping the unsecured loans. I think it's actually quite difficult to get an accurate picture of things until you're in the system (or at least have really spoken to a lot of folk who are). People will happily pull the wool over their own eyes if they think they'll realise a dream. Still, that's possibly an indicator of poor objective judgement.

truckflyer
28th Jul 2013, 23:56
One of the issues is that over-supply is good for both the FTO's, as they make more money and for the airlines, as because of this they can squeeze down T & C's of future contracts.

Believe me the view from the inside is pretty dim too, I have met and know so many guys, who have thousands of hours, some also with command time, Airbus 320, B737 - are stuck in jobs that they are very unhappy with.

There used to be a belief that earn your experience, and something good would be out there waiting for you, however now, it's not there anymore.

Sure I appreciate that there should be a mix of cadets and non-cadets, but there is something wrong in society, when there probably in the UK are several thousand pilots without a job, and every month hundreds of more are trained.

If the rumors here are true, that 3000 - 4000 guys applied for around 30 - 50 jobs, just imagine what the problem is.

Imagine a real pilot shortage, what it would mean, the airlines do not want this, and of course the FTO's - just want to sell the dream to as many suckers as they can.

The guys I know, say yes we have 3000 - 4000 - 5000 hours on Airbus, where we go now? There are not many good jobs to move on to anymore, even when you have the experience.

Now this thread was about DE FO's to AL, there is an own thread about cadets to AL, I am not sure why this is a topic here, but for sure if companies want to have a cadet program, they should also give a chance to some of the already trained low hour pilots in the same scheme. The odds of any low hour CPL without jet experience or A320 TR of getting a job as direct entry FO are probably pretty low, as there are pretty many guys with thousands of A320 hours applying for the same job.

PA34
29th Jul 2013, 08:50
Could we please go back to the original topic?

Has anyone heard about any invitations for interviews from AL already?

Still got everything crossed!!

zizi_87
29th Jul 2013, 10:23
People can expect to start hearing in mid-August.

Windshear23
29th Jul 2013, 12:31
Is that coming from a reliable source?

suntorytimo
30th Jul 2013, 12:16
Just had a quick skim through the Shamrock hiring thread, I didn't see anything indicating that applicants had already been called to Dublin.

Paxi_R6
30th Jul 2013, 16:58
They also said for cadets if you haven't heard anything back by 29th of June you're out, not the case people still getting emails a month later so don't stress to much, not yet anyway.

luddite
30th Jul 2013, 17:00
So much for hearing from them soon after completing the tests. Two and a half weeks - my PFO email must be lost in the tubing.
:ugh:

Vipersrt10
30th Jul 2013, 17:21
Tomorrow will be the first assesment day in Dublin. Group of +-20 persons. I don't know anything about a second assesment day or other groups.

suntorytimo
30th Jul 2013, 17:32
Magicmick - oops didn't see that, thanks for pointing it out. I'm not sure what to think of it and how my chances are affected by that, I think the best course of action is to not read in to it so much and see what happens.

Vipersrt10 - is that assessment group for the DEFO or cadet applicants?

magicmick
30th Jul 2013, 19:06
Absolutely the right attitude, sit tight and hope, good luck with the application......as long as you don't have more luck than me!!!!!!!!!

Vipersrt10
30th Jul 2013, 20:18
Magicmick - oops didn't see that, thanks for pointing it out. I'm not sure what to think of it and how my chances are affected by that, I think the best course of action is to not read in to it so much and see what happens.

Vipersrt10 - is that assessment group for the DEFO or cadet applicants?

That assesment group is for the DEFO

Alessio
30th Jul 2013, 21:24
I don't think so guys... it would be too quick... nothing official points to that,
I think that we all have to wait a few weeks more

elmore81
31st Jul 2013, 10:18
A guy I trained with got a call from AL yesterday. He is in Dublin next week for interview. He is a fresh fATPL.

Keep by your phones.

zizi_87
31st Jul 2013, 16:04
Yes, my information did come from a reliable source. I called the recruitment team at Aer Lingus and that's what they told me.

Vander
1st Aug 2013, 11:45
Comforting news, yet conflicting with what others are saying.

I guess we will have to bite our nails a little bit longer.

Libertine Winno
1st Aug 2013, 14:53
Not meaning to sound disrespectful, but why would a fATPL not be called before someone with 1500+ hours on type?

If Aer Lingus only wanted pilots with xx number of hours then they would have stated that in the minimum requirements. Therefore there is surely as much chance of someone with 250 hours getting a call as someone with 10x that, seeing as nobody knows what type of person they are looking for?

suntorytimo
1st Aug 2013, 17:30
I inferred that they are looking to take a mixed bag of pilots, from non type rated 250 hour guys upwards. If they had no intention of taking many low hour guys they wouldn't inundate themselves with applications by not stating a minimum hour/type rating requirement. They probably want to be able to train some newer guys in their own way.

flying apprentice
6th Aug 2013, 17:15
There’s a thread in the Terms and Endearment titled ‘Shamrock Hiring’ the word on that thread is that applications closed July 11th , if you don’t hear (via email) within 4 weeks of that date (8th Aug) then you’re out. There’s also a post on that thread indicating that a few individuals have already been called to Dublin for the next phase.
Not wishing to rain on anyones parade just exercising a little expectation management, there's still 9 days to go until the 4 week cut off so hang in there and keep a good watch on your email accounts.

Looks like that day has arrived and still no news from shamrock.

Better get on with updating my cathay application !

Watt001
6th Aug 2013, 20:05
I think we should not give it up!! There must be at least one person here, who would get any answer. So if nobody has written it yet, I hope there was no contact by AL to anyone yet.

floss689
6th Aug 2013, 21:09
Don't worry guys, I don't think anybody has been called yet. Any interviews at the moment are cadet interviews.

Syntax Error, I'm pretty sure there are no "inside" candidates.

flying apprentice
7th Aug 2013, 08:51
syntax, the Cathay remark was tongue in cheek. I said it because one the same day (yesterday) I got an email from them telling me to update my application !

Of course I'd rather get the Shamrock gig, but it's all still quiet on the western front.

Any of those who know those who apparently have heard back and were invited to dublin know how they fared ?

lopki
7th Aug 2013, 12:19
Congratulations :ok:

what is your qualification? Do you have a A320 TR? How many hours do you have on type? What is your total time? What was your score in on-line test?

Big surprise for me they selected mideurope guy. I had info they prefer IR UK pilots. This is good news for me.

Wish you luck! And keep us updated.

Jaz110285
7th Aug 2013, 13:00
Hi Watt001! Congratulations!! Just to understand..you have experience and hours or you are like me..low hours and no type rating??

THANK YOU AND CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

:D

antoniomg
7th Aug 2013, 13:24
As anyone received an email like this one? I HAVE registered and completed the online assessment... Strange.......

Dear Applicant,

We are delighted with the level of applications received for the Direct Entry First Officer role. We have commenced the screening process for those candidates who successfully registered and completed their online assessments. We note from our records that you have either not registered to complete your online assessments or have registered but have not completed your online assessments.

If you would like to be considered for the role of Direct Entry First Officer, we are affording you one final opportunity to register and complete the online assessments.

You will receive an email today the 7th of August with a link to the assessments. You will have till Friday the 9th of August at 5pm to complete the tests. After this time, the competition will close. If you do not complete the assessments within this timeframe, we will take it as confirmation of withdrawal of your application.

Best regards,

Yahweh
7th Aug 2013, 15:35
Antoniomg I got the exact same e-mail even though I've already done the online assessments. Might give them a ring to find out if it's a mistake or not

flying apprentice
7th Aug 2013, 18:18
Where did watt001's posts go ? Was it a wind up ?

Syntax, yep I'd rather be at the pointy end of an A320 for the whole flight as a FO rather than watch a 777 during cruise as a SO. - Plus its closer to home :)

benish
7th Aug 2013, 21:12
^ $24000 a month! You sure?!!

I too have received the above mentioned email. I actually was locked out from completing one of the tests originally after my laptop froze, so I had to submit them incomplete. I did try email/phone the recruitment team to no avail!

I'm great full for this 2nd chance! However I'm not looking forward to the spatial reason tests at all. I can land a light twin and have a pretty decent training record with no issues, but I ain't too good with these tests!

flying apprentice
7th Aug 2013, 22:23
perhaps he meant HKD :p I wouldn't even know how to spend that sort of amount !!

So they're still doing online assessments, which would hopefully suggest its not the end of the road for the rest of us until they've had a look at these late submitting guys scores.

Anybody else apart from watt001 hear or know anyone who has heard back from AL ?

Watt001
8th Aug 2013, 08:17
Hello colleagues. I deleted my posts, because I was probably scammed. Someone called me yesterday, that he was from AL and he wanted to offer me an opportunity and that I would receive e-mail with details. I considered it as an invitation to interview. No e-mail has come and I started investigating.. The number I was called grom started +234 810 .... This should be some Nigerian number and after a small investigation, I found out, that they are No. 1 in scamming people via mobile phones. So, sorry for chaos I made here, I`m more disappointed than all of you together.
So, we still have to wait on... Good luck to all oyf you.

wheel barrow
9th Aug 2013, 10:58
Please call or email AL to let them know about this.

Watt001
9th Aug 2013, 12:26
Yes, I did it yesterday, but no response from AL yet.

Raccatto
9th Aug 2013, 15:53
Really interesting Final Episode of the Aer Lingus Soap Opera .

After about half and a month , they aren't t still able to give a negative or positive answer to anyone .. . woooooowwww.
... ... ..absolute silence.. . .........
"aggressive" HR department.

Pirrex
9th Aug 2013, 17:26
Some people are getting phone calls. One from my course was in dublin this week for an interview. Low hours no TR, that's all I know.

TheOne83
9th Aug 2013, 19:25
Since I couldn't complete my online tests during May I just completed my online tests today. They sent me an email yesterday saying I had until today to complete them. Waiting time now I guess..

Pirrex
9th Aug 2013, 20:35
Unlike you, I thought I would contribute something to the thread, but if you don't believe me, I really, really don't care, but it's true.

Pirrex
9th Aug 2013, 22:02
Well, like i said, i don't care if you believe or not. I can however tell you that much, that they who were in the first interview(s?), will hear from AL in September, and successful candidates will be in for another interview.

Apparently not many have been there yet, since no one has mentioned it here yet, but can't wait to see you coming with your tail between your legs admitting i was right.

Pirrex
9th Aug 2013, 22:52
Not going to argue about that.

floss689
10th Aug 2013, 11:02
I am struggling to believe this either. From what I know, interviews for DEP won't be taking place for another few weeks.

You sure your friend isn't going for a cadet interview?

Pirrex
10th Aug 2013, 11:51
Yes I am.

10 characters

worldoffe
10th Aug 2013, 12:24
I can confirm what Pirrex is saying and I also can confirm that the guy who went there is definitely no cadet and he comes direct from flight school.

Unfortunately they haven't called me yet tho.

@Syntax Error: You should reconsider in which way you talk to people. Pretty rude and unprofessional! :rolleyes:

worldoffe
11th Aug 2013, 01:10
@Syntax Error: Believe or don't. I don't care if u don't. :)

elmore81
11th Aug 2013, 22:59
A friend of mine had an interview last week too. He also had no TR and is a fresh fATPL.

Looks like we've all missed out.

flying apprentice
12th Aug 2013, 09:26
watt001 Sorry to hear those scammers got your hopes up. Hopefully you'll get a genuine call from AL soon.

pirrex, elmore, worldoffe - which schools did your fresh fATPL friends go to ?

Having looked at the terms and endearment thread too, just surprised that not many actual PPrune-er's have been invited...just their friends !!

elmore81
12th Aug 2013, 09:29
Stapleford flight centre

flying apprentice
12th Aug 2013, 10:06
Well that makes a change...was expecting you to say one of the big 3...

Fancy_Nancy
12th Aug 2013, 12:28
I think they were pretty clear with this 4-week period. I will wait one more week and then I will ask them about my application though. Hope they won`t take it as an undesirable inquiring like Ryanair did :ugh:

elmore81
12th Aug 2013, 13:44
Very hostile syntax, why bother even joining a thread like this if you want accept what others are saying. Trolling is as trolling does pal.

We may yet be lucky, but four weeks have past.

elmore81
12th Aug 2013, 13:46
Syntax you're an absolute bell mate.

Pirrex
12th Aug 2013, 14:09
Stapleford here as well. Elmore, your guy, doesn't happen to be in his early thirties, first name starting with an H?

elmore81
12th Aug 2013, 14:15
We're talking about the same beer loving Viking!

Do we know each other?

Aquafina1
12th Aug 2013, 14:24
I sent them an email last week asking about the status of my application.

Got this reply this morning.

Dear ****,

Thank you for your email.

We are still reviewing all applications for the First Officer recruitment campaign. Due to the unprecedented volume of applications the reviewing process will take a number of weeks.

Thank you for your patience. We will be in contact with all candidates in due course.

Best regards,

So maybe they're inviting some candidates maybe not but this is my current situation.

elmore81
12th Aug 2013, 14:39
Lets hope so.

suntorytimo
12th Aug 2013, 15:13
Just a little friendly advice Syntax, but I think you have to acknowledge that it is possible that a few candidates have gone for an interview already, and that there is the chance you might be wrong here.

elmore81
12th Aug 2013, 15:44
Syntax you are living in your own little world pal.

They must place more stock in the aptitude tests than any of us thought. The guy in question is very very bright.

I did not get a call, why would I lie and say that someone else did, there is no value in that for me.

Can we return to the original point of this thread, sharing information about what is currently happening, not spouting off our opinions based on nothing more than what we hope to be true.

hobnobanyone
12th Aug 2013, 15:55
Without being too daft on this:

It sounds like the 1 chap who has an interview so far might be directly out of Flight School - so what's to say that somebody in this flight school hasn't recommended him in the first place and that's how he got the interview?

As far as I'm aware, nobody else has heard anything yet - so it would make sense somewhere along the line if it is flight schools who have offered a few newly trained to them?

In the meantime, I'm waiting patiently for the PFO email to magically appear at some stage - my body was not designed to do those tests sadly, and if it's a hoop to jump through, I think I skidded in sideways through it, knocking it over and emerged on the other side, scratching my head and wondering what just happened???

suntorytimo
12th Aug 2013, 18:00
You do realise that when Aer Lingus say, "We are still in the process of reviewing applications for the Direct Entry First Office roles. Due to the unprecedented volume of applications the reviewing process is going to take a number of weeks." That the word reviewing could mean they are actually interviewing people and assessing applications.

Pirrex
12th Aug 2013, 20:05
No elmore, we don't know each other. I did the ATPLs with mr. H up here, and he really deserved an interview, unlike some arrogant kid here, who can't admit he's wrong. People like that are very dangerous in the cockpit.

elmore81
12th Aug 2013, 21:58
Basically my pal applied to both schemes and was invited for a cadet interview.

The bottom line is that no no one has been called that I know of for the direct entry scheme.

Keep hoping you get the call.

elmore81
12th Aug 2013, 22:08
Oh syntax. You're such a keyboard warrior.

I was told something in good faith, I shared it here, then I received more info and corrected my original statement.

Yahweh
13th Aug 2013, 08:32
guys seriously enough with the bickering, you will hear when you hear simple as. Obviously patience is not a virtue for any of you :=

Pirrex
13th Aug 2013, 13:12
Whops, didn't think cpl-holders could apply for the cadet program. My apologies.

cgwhitemonk11
13th Aug 2013, 13:43
CPL holders shouldn't be applying for Cadet programs, and generally can't, something dosn't add up, I would be surprised if when this guy turns up for interview they aren't going ''WTF are you doing here?''

Either way best of luck to him, simple FACTS here is that none of you have a notion whats going on, nor do I, so lets all just chill out and await our PFO's like gentlemen :ok:

UberPilot
13th Aug 2013, 15:19
If you've been issued an EASA lifetime license how can you re-do an entire integrated flying training course?! The ab-initio cadets were farmed out to fte out to fte last time and only got involved with the company for TR.

Aerlingus231
13th Aug 2013, 15:43
In many companies, a CPL holder with no experience Multi-crew / low hours would be considered a cadet.
I don't know what criteria AL have put for the people applying their cadet schemes, however it would be good logic to also take low-houred CPL holders,

Aer Lingus Cadets are people with no licenses and next to no hours. People off the street that Aer Lingus consider would make good pilots.

Pilots with a CPL, MEIR and ATPL enter Aer Lingus via the DEFO route, regardless of experience, some enter with as low as 250 hours.

Libertine Winno
13th Aug 2013, 22:35
Gents,

At the cadet assessment centre, we were told that the company realised they had made a bit of an error by running the cadet campaign before the DEFO one, and that those who had a fATPL were being notified and shifted from the cadet application to the DE side.

Generally, someone with a fATPL is seen as a qualified pilot (albeit one with little or no airline experience) not a cadet.

Hope this helps clarify a little!

southernjock
14th Aug 2013, 07:15
Just to add my tuppence worth:

Whilst at my Cadet interview in Dublin, there was indeed a candidate with a full CPL who had completed it in a modular fashion. This candidate also had an application in with AL for the DEP programme.

Good luck to you all.

Solstice
14th Aug 2013, 16:19
Folks,

~5000 DFO applications received.
~700 cadet candidates interviewed during first round.
HR still shortlisting DFO candidates.
Its peak Summer season with a limited number of pilots available to interview!
Interviews for DFO will commence in a few weeks.
NOBODY has been called to interview so far.
Patience please...... and the very best of luck to those who are called to interview.

captain two-holds
17th Aug 2013, 14:38
Thanks Solstice!
Don't suppose you know how many of those 5000 are Type rated?! Just trying not to get me hopes up as I don't have a TR or logged jet experience.....
cheers

Jaz110285
21st Aug 2013, 07:50
Hi guys! Any news??? Patience is a virtue that I'm knowing slowly! :ugh:

yoland
26th Aug 2013, 22:58
I have a friend who has just had his contract extended for another six months so I guess there is no major panic at the moment and this will give HR more time.

MCDU2
27th Aug 2013, 11:37
I think the plan all along had been to offer eventually full time positions to the good contractors. Time will tell if this happens. In the mean time with crews still be short staffed then extending contracts is a no brainer.

G-GOLF
2nd Sep 2013, 13:12
Hey all,

Just wondering what application status everyone has stated on the Aer Lingus Careers homepage. Mine currently states 'invite to pre selection online test'. Apologies if this has been covered, just a quick question on a coffee break.

Thanks!

immelmann87
2nd Sep 2013, 14:13
G-GOLF, I've got the same status.

flying apprentice
2nd Sep 2013, 18:28
So no change for anybody then. The waiting game continues !

piggydog
5th Sep 2013, 07:34
Anyone else unable to log into the system to view the status of their application? The password they sent me doesn't work, and they appear to have no record of my email address to reset it! Another application deleted?

I've had this many times with Jet2, but Aer Lingus as well?

AAAAARRRGGGHHH :ugh:

talktomegoose
5th Sep 2013, 08:09
I tried just now and didn't get a problem. Status still says 'Invitation to online...'

You would have set your own username and password when you registered on the Aer Lingus Careers website. The password they sent you was only for the online assesments I think.

Try calling the HR office.

piggydog
5th Sep 2013, 11:08
Thanks Goose

Yes sorry forgot we had to change the password, no joy though, and the system still doesn't recognise my email address for a reminder....

Hope HR can help!

Anyway I guess nobody has any concrete info on application statuses yet? Huge numbers of 320 rated people I'd imagine, all ready to go and stiff competition for us non rated guys!

Good luck all anyway!

pmdavey
17th Sep 2013, 13:55
Hi Guys, I see that many have applied for the Aer LIngus direct entry positions, has anyone heard back from them yet?

Wodka
17th Sep 2013, 14:49
Asked the other day for an update and got this back...

Applications are being assessed at the moment and you will be contacted via email by September.

So... The wait continues! :E

clvf88
18th Sep 2013, 17:16
So as not to have everyones hopes dashed, I also know numerous people in the company, and can confirm that what Syntax Error has been told is absolutely incorrect, so far as what I have heard anyway. They are looking to take on people of all experience levels.

clvf88
18th Sep 2013, 21:45
Agree with you there Syntax, I also know countless guys with a lot of experience who have applied. It would seem anybody would be lucky out of such a large group of applicants.

As to how many etc I guess we are just speculating, I just wanted to make it clear that your original statement was contrary to what I have heard. 60-65 is also a new number to me, I had heard something more around the 40 mark. The 'rumour network' is certainly living up to its name here!