PDA

View Full Version : Converting FAA type rating to EASA

Luggage
12th Jun 2013, 19:33
Hi all

Can anyone tell me if an FAA type rating on a 737NG will be recognised in Europe. I have been offered a job flying 737 abroad(not P2F) with type rating included but will return to Europe eventually

What is the process to do this and what are the differences between the two so as to keep current in EASA. I know FAA is just a proficiency check done annually.

This is my first TR on jet so I am not sure on the EASA recognition of a foreign FAA type rating.:ok:

B737900er
12th Jun 2013, 19:44
I believe you must have a minimum of 500 hours on type for it to be transferred.

Jet Simulation
14th Jun 2013, 01:42
I believe that is true as well as its ICAO, or it will be 1500 on type.

If the school you are doing your TR with is also EASA compliant, you may be able to have your endorsement put on your UK licence as well. Drop us a PM with the details and we may be able to shed a bit more light on it.

okochas yung un
29th Aug 2013, 13:03
Hi guys,

I've heard easa (specifically the uk) have an issue trying to convert a type rating which is Co pilot only. I have an faa a320 rating which is pic but which has a pic limitation on it ( 25 hours lhs line training before you can fly pic). I have 900 hours on type, will they be Ok converting this? I'm meant to be doing the check in Singapore next month and am worried that when I submit the paperwork it gets refused. I have tried calling the caa who told me I had to email and have been waiting 3 weeks for a reply!

Cheers