PDA

View Full Version : Bose A20 after QC15 with Uflymike

PieterB
11th Jun 2013, 16:52
Hello Guys,

I am considering to buy the Bose A20. Up til now I have used the Bose QC15 with the Uflymike, but the microphone starts to wear after over 3 years.

Any comments regarding the A20? Most of the threads I found so far only deal about pilots using it on general aviation a/c. Anybody using it in airline pilot environment?

These questions came up:

- Since the QC weighs about 190grams and the A20 around 340grams, does it start to get heavy after some time on your head (I am on the 737, flights mostly longer than 6hrs)

- Is the bluetooth function really only to make phone calls, not for music? (thats how I understood it?)

- Any other useful comments on the headset?

Thanks!!

A Squared
12th Jun 2013, 03:31
My observations after a little over a year with the A20: I'm a fan. I haven't noticed any tendency to get heavy, and I do some fairly long legs. That observation should be tempered by the fact that I also was fairly tolerant of the dreaded David Clamps.

Yea, as far as I have been ale to tell, the Bluetooth is only for cell phones. I read the manual pretty thoroughly researching this point exactly, and that was what I took away form my reading. However, I haven't ever taken a Blue tooth enabled music player and attempted to connect it.