PDA

View Full Version : Global XRS Acars Address

Chally604
11th Jun 2013, 08:28
Hey all,

Can anyone give me a hint how you would usually enter an address to send an ACARS message in flight?
WX etc no prob, but if you want to send an ETA or similar to the office, how would you do that? You need to have a multiple digit address or so. Just wondering about the format.

Thanks a lot.

ksjc
11th Jun 2013, 13:34
Chally

FMZ 2000? One way to do it.....We arranged commonly used addresses with AIRINC who will attach an email address or phone number for text messages to an alphanumeric code of your choice (up to 7 characters I believe). There might be a way to send your message directly to an email but the keypad has no "@" symbol...perhaps there is a substitute symbol for "@" that I don't know about?

When you send a message this way you have to put your addressee on page 2, line 1 at the "SUBJECT" cue. Not intuitive at all but otherwise any message goes to AIRINC and they will forward for you.

That's my experience at least.

FLEXJET
12th Jun 2013, 07:46
You can send e-mail using "AT" instead of @ with one space before and after.

To send an e-mail to the aircraft in flight:

Header: MSG TO XXXXX (registration without dash)
E-mail address: [email protected]

Denti
12th Jun 2013, 08:05
Can't you use simply SITA addresses? Those should work with ACARS if you want to send something to a groundstation.

Propellerpilot
13th Jun 2013, 11:41
@challi604 - you put the recipient into the "SUBJECT" Field (leave the two other Fields above blank) and then just type your message. That's all. AIRINC will do the rest for you.

specialbrew
16th Jun 2013, 15:30
put anything you like into the TO/ FROM

In the SUBJECT line put "E" (for email)

In the MESSAGE field you start with the email address you want to send it to but it has to be written in a very specific way.. Lets say your email address is "[email protected]". it would be written in the MESSAGE field like this......

GLOBAL.DOT.XRS.AT.AIRCRAFT.DOT.COM.ST.

The "ST" at the end just separates the email address from the rest of the message which follows immediately after the ST.

Hope that helps..

Chally604
16th Jun 2013, 22:23
Dear all,

Thanks you very much the input.
I will play with it the next days a little.
I will post the most appropriate solution for me later in case anybody searches for it with the same issue.

Cheers
Chally