PDA

View Full Version : coventry airport EGBE

davehearn
10th Jun 2013, 23:15
A question for all of you general aviators out there....
what do you look for in an airport when you fly out for a land away? as new operations assistant at coventry for patriot aviation i would be keen to know your reasons.
regards Dave

chevvron
11th Jun 2013, 02:49
1. Decent bogs
2. Bacon sarnies H24
3. No 'mandatory' handling charge.

cvt person
11th Jun 2013, 10:53
Try a joint landing fee and admission to the Midland Air Museum - there are visitors most days who have flown in. Some potential for a mutually beneficial package perhaps.

Gulfstreamaviator
11th Jun 2013, 11:44
In my day we positioned into COV to collect early morning charters, and it was mandatory for the airport cafe bacon butties be loaded before pax.

Them were the days....

glf

NilDesperandum
11th Jun 2013, 21:33
You might want to put this into the Private Flying forum as well as this one (or instead of).

But I would say : friendly people, bacon butties, brown sauce. And ditto the handling bit ! I work at Southampton and we get very few light aircraft in now, I think it's probably just way too expensive.

ND

davehearn
11th Jun 2013, 22:22
put it into private flying and was told it needed to go on ga bit
im interested because i am trying to get the visitor numbers up but dont know what the rules are as to how much i can promote the airport?
if anyone would like to fly in at weekends then we can more than accommodate you . anyone who is interested in a visit can pm me for full facilities and services we have to offer.
DH

fwjc
11th Jun 2013, 23:23
Coventry's pricing structure is confusing - it's hard to know what the landing fee will be because of this "per kg" method.

I have used Cov in the past for Instrument training. It's great, particularly since the missed approach is complicated. But the approach fees have increased considerably, making visits much less pleasant.