PDA

View Full Version : Freelance rates Falcon 7X

Greg Boyington
9th Jun 2013, 16:43
Hi all,
2 questions about freelancing on a Falcon 7X:

-What is the " market price " per day for a commander , without the per-diems?
-For a long mission ( 3 weeks) , would you bill 21 days or is it common to discuss a package price?

Thanks in advance for your answers

g450cpt
10th Jun 2013, 23:12
$1500 per day plus all expenses. Yes, bill for every day that you are away from home. If its a 3 week trip bill for 21 days.

g450cpt

FlyMD
11th Jun 2013, 05:21
1500 USD is correct. However, be realistic: on a 21 day trip, if you insist on 21x 1500, you are 100% sure that somebody will take the job away from you by giving a 20% discount. It's correct and it's what we call a market situation.

The whole idea of freelance is that you get the equivalent of a good captain's salary, + the pro-rata share of your training costs, + something to insure yourself against bad payers, + a little something as profit because you are taking more risks as an independent. So it's perfectly justifiable to make 20'000 bucks or so for a 2-week job, after that it's only a question of who is greedier, so you'll find yourself priced out of the job 9 out of 10 times.

When I did freelance on the Gulfstreams, everything up to 1 week was full price, no discussion and some money up front for first time customers. After that, i gave 20% rebate, sometimes more if the job was nice enough.

However if the job implies a lot of flying, with different planes and pilots, and you are expected to train those pilots and/or set up the new operation, that's different: I would tend to agree with G450cpt in that particular case and charge the customer fully.

Hope my 2cts help...

Greg Boyington
18th Jun 2013, 13:54
Many thanks for your answers guys, very helpfull :ok:

skylog
29th Aug 2016, 22:31
Can someone in the know give a realistic update on the current daily rate for a F7X PIC freelance gig? Cheers