PDA

View Full Version : Delayed

edysantore
8th Jun 2013, 02:09
I`am from mexico city i just travel to Los Angeles California last week, and me and may family have a problem in our back home flight i just want to known if the procedure of the issue was correct or the airline ground an flight attendants do not proceed in a correct way.

this is what happen that day

we arrive to the lax airport on time 3 hrs before flight time which was at 5:45 when we arrived to the gate 76 to arrived the plane the airline ground people star to call all the passenger and we proceed to board the aircraft we seat and after 35 o 40 minutes inside the plane with no a/a the flight attenders tell us that the pilots were no arrived on time and they were coming from San Francisco and as soon they arrived we will be able to depart but that happen 3 hrs later so my question is is it right to aboard an aircraft without pilots does not that unsafe for the passengers is it right to have the passenger with no food and water in gate for so many hours they just gave us a 10 usd customer service voucher which is a derision to us because in that area of lax a hamburger or sandwich cost at least 13 us d .
please help me with this matter to avoid, happen again and avoid the negligence of the ground personal at that airport and that airline united airlines.

waiting for your response and tell me what to do against the airline because they just said that they have the right to do so, and my concern is that i change the hour of my flight and they charge me 200 us d per person so i pay 600 us d and they change the hour just like that with out apologize or any recompense for the inconvenience.

custardpsc
8th Jun 2013, 12:35
Edysantore - you are posting your comment in a section about Pilot Licencing, not passengers and passenger comments. If you delete it and move it to the Passengers and SLF section it will no doubt receive the attention it deserves.

MarkerInbound
8th Jun 2013, 12:37
Let me see if I can break this down.

There is a US Airline Passenger Bill of Rights. It says the passengers on an international flight should not sit on the plane on the ramp for more than 4 hours. So if you were on the plane for three hours and then it left, that was within the law. The airline is supposed to provide you with water and food if the delay is more than two hours.

If the airline knew it was going to be three hours before the pilots arrived I'd say it was stupid to board you but it was safe. The airline manuals will state the number of flight attendants required to be on board the plane with passengers on board.

The only way to avoid the problem is to not fly United to LAX in the future. You can send a complaint saying that but good luck getting anything from them. They'll just say they're sorry you had a bad flight, they fly hundreds of flights a day and sometimes stuff goes wrong.

The schedule change fees were buried in the web page where you bought the tickets. There was a link (that very few people ever click) that explains the airline's schedule change fees.