PDA

View Full Version : PIFR FPA's in NAIPS

Dexta
6th Jun 2013, 04:32
I have both my CIR and PIFR, and I'm just short of my required hours under the CIR so I will file the plan under the PIFR, so when filling out the RMK/ section I have to put RMK/ PIFR NAV NGT IDEP SID IAL NDB DMEGPS RNAVGNSS VOR LOC HLDG NDB VOR GPS DEM
Is there a shortcut or preferred code to indicate something along the lines of "Use the same rules to determine what approaches, holding, nav I can do as if I have a CIR", like RMK/ PIFR CIR?
I don't hold much hope and it's not hard to cut and paste the string every time but it would be nice to think there is an easier way.

Bevan666
6th Jun 2013, 04:58
personally, if you hold a CIR, I wouldnt bother.

technically CIR holders can only fly approaches they are current on, and I've never put that in a flight plan submission.

topdrop
6th Jun 2013, 05:23
The reason that all that info is included is so that ATC have some idea what procedures PIFR pilots can use. If you are rated for the lot then it's pretty superfluous.

ForkTailedDrKiller
6th Jun 2013, 08:51
Ditto - what they say!

Dr :8

Dexta
6th Jun 2013, 23:27
personally, if you hold a CIR, I wouldnt bother.
So you are saying don't bother with field 18 RMK/ at all i.e. leave it blank and just fly as if my CIR is current?

The reason that all that info is included is so that ATC have some idea what procedures PIFR pilots can use. If you are rated for the lot then it's pretty superfluous.
Exactly, yet according to AIP if you are flying under your PIFR then you have to put it all in. What I was wondering was if there was an un-documented code (or something well hidden in documentation) that allowed you to get all that info across simply, like PIFR CIR or PIFR THE LOT etc.

scavenger
7th Jun 2013, 04:24
What I was wondering was if there was an un-documented code (or something well hidden in documentation) that allowed you to get all that info across simply

lol, good one

Feather #3
7th Jun 2013, 06:34
Thought I'd go for "THE LOT", but just left it blank.

Of course, if you hold a CIR valid for all aids, but not recent in some [e.g ILS], can you split the qualification..........just joking:eek:

G'day ;)

Lasiorhinus
7th Jun 2013, 07:36
ATC are going to assume that you are able to use any approach aid. If there's any change to that, let them know. If it's just one or two, tell approach "Negative ILS" or something similar.

And of course don't select those aids in your Equipment list on your flight plan...