PDA

View Full Version : Pan Pan Pan Hudson 05

Jerr
5th Jun 2013, 09:55
Coming back from LaTrobe Valley back to Pt Cook tonight. Heard Hudson 05 giving a taxi call from East Sale, Super King Air for Avalon.

On Melbourne Radar, Hudson 05 was cleared for the RNAV 36 Avalon approach at around 6.15pm local time. They then asked to orbit, and shortly after made a Pan Call, due to unsafe gear indication.

Hudson 05 did a flyby Avalon tower, then the tower reported that could not see their right gear, but could see their left gear. They were not sure if this was just the reflection on a dark night. The fire services were happy to try bright lights to provide better illumination to see the gear.

I landed at Pt Cook, and could no longer listen in, I believe that Hudson 05 was on its way back to East Sale.

I do hope that it was just a false indication, and that a safe landing can be made.

Good luck Hudson 05, the pilot on the radio seemed to be very cool and professional.

Interestingly I could not find any record of the flight on either Flight Aware or Webtracker.

JERR

bentleg
5th Jun 2013, 10:11
I could not find any record of the flight on either Flight Aware or Webtracker

My understanding is that military and similar flights (such as Airforce 1) are excluded from those displays.

Desert Flower
5th Jun 2013, 10:17
My understanding is that military and similar flights (such as Airforce 1) are excluded from those displays.

Yes, unfortunately. Likewise some operators can choose to not have their aircraft shown on FlightAware. Makes you wonder why!

DF.

Marauder
5th Jun 2013, 21:15
Commercial, to stop their competitors knowing everything.

717tech
6th Jun 2013, 00:03
Or they are operating privately and where they go is none of the publics business..

Mail-man
6th Jun 2013, 03:43
Chemtrails.....

Desert Flower
6th Jun 2013, 04:26
Commercial, to stop their competitors knowing everything.

I just find it odd that a certain Canberra based outfit that operate out of YOOM every day & have done so for years have theirs blocked.

DF.