PDA

View Full Version : Regular 727 service

SpringHeeledJack
5th Jun 2013, 08:52
I was watching a flight on one of the virtual radar sites and came across an apparently regular B727 service between Moncton and St Johns in eastern Canada. There can't be many 727's flying, apart perhaps from a few VIP and military examples, but not serving a regular route/market.

At least the above route won't have too many people complaining about the noise coming out of the 3 engines :)

DaveReidUK
5th Jun 2013, 09:13
Interesting. The GMIA website lists Air Canada, Porter, WestJet and United as the only scheduled carriers serving Moncton.

Did you happen to notice the flight numbers involved ?

englishkev
5th Jun 2013, 10:02
Could be a regular freight or parcel flight. Somebody like Kelowna ?

SpringHeeledJack
5th Jun 2013, 11:19
It's flight number was K(something) 288 and if I use my head, it would've been flying in the dark of the Canadian night, so therefore a freight/parcel flight. Oh well, at least the fantasy of a passenger 727 still plying it's trade somewhere put a smile on my miserable face :)

MarkerInbound
5th Jun 2013, 11:21
That side of the country I'd say Cargojet. Their name explains everything.

Dave Gittins
5th Jun 2013, 12:36
When I was in Barbados at Christmas I rather enjoyed watching the DHL 727 coming in mid morning. Couple of times when I was flying the Tomahawk I had the pleasure of watching it depart as well.

There were certainly ar least 2 different aeroplanes, one was yellow and the other white.

DaveReidUK
5th Jun 2013, 13:04
It's flight number was K(something) 288 and if I use my head, it would've been flying in the dark of the Canadian night, so therefore a freight/parcel flight.KW288 (Kelowna Flightcraft on behalf of Purolator) flies Montreal-Moncton-Saint John's several times a week with a 727-100F/200F.

http://www.flyrelax.com/airlines/KW/B727.jpg