PDA

View Full Version : Flight Planning Help

Pilotshumornetwork
4th Jun 2013, 12:40
Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone out there can point me in the right direction towards someone that would be available and competent in tutoring me in ATPL Flight Planning. I have sat the AFT course and have current documents. My first attempt ended up being a 60% fail. I'm just having a problem of where to start again, I comprehend these type of things better with a study partner or teaching help etc. I have this month free from flying and would like to finally finish this and stop stressing about it. I'm willing to travel and will pay for the help. SE QLD would be great but I will go to the end of the earth to get help to pass this test. Thank you in advance.

Runaway Gun
4th Jun 2013, 15:06
Why not reattend the AFT course? Their new course starts next week, and I believe that Flight Planning is the final subject. Sitting it all from scratch would be a great way of picking up bits you may have missed first time around.

Pilotshumornetwork
4th Jun 2013, 16:49
Thanks for your reply, I would really like to sit the flight planning course again. However flight planning is my last one and it run between July 9th-19th and as mentioned I only have this month off work.

PPRuNeUser0184
4th Jun 2013, 20:26
Flight planning is just practice practice and then more practice. If you have done the course you have all the notes and questions you need.

mugzy
5th Jun 2013, 12:56
Do all the questions / practice exams a couple of times over in a quiet place where you can't be interrupted or be distracted. Environment makes a difference so do what works best for you. I spent 3 hours a day at the Uni library just going over every single question in the AFT notes.

Once you get the accuracy work on improving your speed & time yourself. As Nathan says you should be able to do 1 fuel plan in 15-20 minutes. Don't neglect the 3 markers like I did, some of those take as long as the 5 markers & are just as difficult.

I had completed over 100 fuel plans before I was confident to resit. Unfortunately there aren't any short cuts in this exam so repetition is the key.

Good luck.

Pilotshumornetwork
5th Jun 2013, 21:57
Hi Slam_click, thanks for your reply. I would be happy to travel for the help required for me to pass F/P. I'm not about cutting corners, I just require some guidance in my old age:) if possible can you PM me his details?