PDA

View Full Version : Vale: Terry Mulholland

Rotor Work
4th Jun 2013, 07:17
Rip Terry,
Gained my CPL, with Terry back in the ninety's, a fair Instructor, down in Tassie.
Deepest sympathy to Terry's family
R W

MULHOLLAND. - Terrence Gerald (Terry) Passed away at the Kyabram Hospital on June 1, 2013 Loved husband of Margaret. Friend of Valerie. Loved father of John, Stephen, Judith and their families. At Rest

StallsandSpins
4th Jun 2013, 07:21
Former CFI at Casey (Groupair) too
RIP

PLovett
4th Jun 2013, 09:50
A man who gave me some assistance when needed.

He will be missed. Deepest sympathies to his family.

haydnc
4th Jun 2013, 11:46
Sad news.

I just went back to log book #1, Terry's name is there, line number 1.

He was happy to sit down and tell you stories - it would take all day!

I remember waking him up on a flight test to prove we had made it overhead the point we had to find.

Provided me my start.

My condolences.

PPRuNeUser0182
5th Jun 2013, 22:44
Gave me my start too. A gentleman with a fantastic sense of humour.

StallsandSpins
6th Jun 2013, 13:42
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-kIyvSbsteT8/TsjLL6JSCUI/AAAAAAAAAj4/1HYrm01mipQ/w1165-h846-no/081.jpg

Red baron ball at casey in the 80's

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-QvzztsQ1_kk/TsjO0u365iI/AAAAAAAAAqA/TJeoUgUABg4/w1021-h846-no/071.jpg
wings night at casey late 80's

condolences to his family

growahead
7th Jun 2013, 09:52
Terry was a great person, I'm lucky to have known him, and very sad we've lost him. He was an ideas man and a doer; who else could possibly get Skyrace off the ground? Perhaps he could rub some up the wrong way, if so, those were small-minded, and maybe even a little envious. Terry was very enthusiastic and supportive, he gave many young aviators a good start. Sadly, his life was made challenging by certain individuals in Tasmania who should be forever ashamed of their treatment of Terry. Terry, we'll miss you, but always remember you, thanks for everything, we need more characters like you, not fewer.

djpil
7th Jun 2013, 10:01
Who could forget the Red Baron Balls!

6317alan
7th Jun 2013, 11:00
Sometimes as an Instructor it is a pleasure to have a Commercial and Instructor candidate like Terry to teach. It is also gives one a certain pride to see what they achieve in their aviation careers. Terry I also called a friend! He will be sorely missed!
Alan

Runway01
8th Jun 2013, 08:26
RIP Terry
Your contribution to aviation was simply outstanding. You inspired and taught many people their dreams and set them off to fly. Your vision explored new frontiers and you fought for those in need. Along the Valley of Speed may you rest peacefully.

Anthill
9th Jun 2013, 06:11
Terry did the test for my SCPL (remember them?). He was a bloody good bloke.

flywatcher
9th Jun 2013, 07:27
I always felt that Terry was not treated as well as he should have been by some in Tasmania.
He was a good person and a good instructor. RIP.

Stationair8
10th Jun 2013, 08:48
Met Terry and Margaret at Avalon in 1992, when they were promoting the forthcoming Skyrace event.

Wasn't he the CFI for the Tasmanian Aero Club?

phil evans
10th Jun 2013, 10:12
A pilots pilot.....Yes at one time CFI of Tas Aero Club.

Hurstbridgebiggles
17th Feb 2015, 20:57
Sorry to hear of Terry's passing.
Terry was a great pilot, trainer and friend.
I was a trainee pilot with the Scout airwing at Casey Field , Berwick when I first met Terry.
He was great at inspiring confidence and showing all degrees of options of how to get out of a tight spot whilst flying.
The key thing about Terry was he was pragmatic and operationally safe.
In later years, I spoke to Terry by phone when he was in Tassie and he lamented he had lost the ability to fly and it was a torture to him.
I have fond memories of him showing me how to get into and recover from stalls. He showed me very steep turns and options for high nose stalls.
I didn't enjoy my face beginning to almost peel off in a dive but knew I was in safe hands.

God bless you Terry

Fond memories

Alan Young