PDA

View Full Version : My first solo in a light aircraft

sab444
2nd Jun 2013, 08:13
This is a video of me going solo after a short check flight with my instructor, which was filmed and edited by my dad. I went solo after 10hrs of powered training and 30 hours of gliding. Just like when I went solo in a glider, it was an incredible experience to have and I'm sure I'll be doing it for some time!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif
H8f-vwqLjyY

7of9
2nd Jun 2013, 09:51
Nice video. Well done & congratulations.
I like you have Gliding & PPL flying qualifications.

Trev:)

Jetblu
2nd Jun 2013, 10:56
Amazing video. :) Congratulations and well done!

Safe flying. :ok:

Halfbaked_Boy
2nd Jun 2013, 11:01
Well done, you fly smooth! :cool:

I did my first solo when I was your age too, it'll stay with you forever :ok:

AdamFrisch
2nd Jun 2013, 17:02
Good girl! Makes me happy to see young people and especially girls/women get into aviation - there are not nearly enough of you doing it. You were as calm as a pro. Well done!:ok::)

Steve6443
2nd Jun 2013, 21:44
Congratulations on your first solo, nice video too, perfect landing, wish mine were so smooth. :)

However may I just point out one thing: why did your instructor exit the plane with the prop still turning, especially as to exit the plane, he had to move forwards, towards the moving prop? One trip on uneven ground could lead to disaster, so, without wishing to take anything away from your fantastic achievement, I would recommend that you get used to stopping the engine when people are getting in and out of the plane, that way you can ensure it won't lead to an incident such as happend with Lauren Scruggs.....

sab444
3rd Jun 2013, 12:09
Thank you for all the support and wonderful comments! Feel free to share the video around through Facebook and email to inspire other young kids to learn to fly.

Steve, I was wrapped up in the moment of the solo and looking back realise it would have been much safer to shut down and restart once he was clear of the aircraft, thanks for pointing that out!

Tony Mabelis
3rd Jun 2013, 18:01
Congratulations, you fly nice and smoothly!!
Didn't it feel nice without the extra weight of the instructor.
Dont worry about the instructor getting out with the prop turning, if he doesn't know where it is,.............he's not much of an instructor!!
Tony

Howard Long
3rd Jun 2013, 19:07
FWIW, I have asked my instructor in the past if he wished me to shutdown as he opens the door, but he says no, and takes a sensible excursion towards the right hand rear of the a/c, and is off the taxiway and onto the grass before making his way to the tower.

Well done to the OP!

Cheers, Howard

flyinkiwi
3rd Jun 2013, 23:17
Congratulations!:D:D:D

Its great to have such an excellent record of your first solo to go back and re-live whenever you like. Very nice flying.

Pace
4th Jun 2013, 08:52
Sab

Great video and great flying :) You looked really relaxed and competent and can see you in the right seat of a Boeing or Airbus by the time you are 21 :ok:
My son was

Pace

thing
4th Jun 2013, 21:53
:D:D:D:D:D Well done that woman.

sab444
7th Jun 2013, 06:48
Thank you for all the wonderful comments! The Boeing/Airbus sounds great or maybe a C-130! :ok:

Mimpe
8th Jun 2013, 11:21
Good luck Sab
Its the most fun I have too! Try to fly with " abundant caution" and learn from all the small mistakes so you never have to face a huge one! :)

ps your flying style is very smooth and self assured - bodes well for the future, and you seem well taught.

Mr_Grubby
9th Jun 2013, 09:22
Well done Sab !!!!

Of course you know that now you will be broke for the rest of your life !!! :D:D:D

Happens to us all. Any spare cash goes on flying.

Fly safe. :ok::ok: