PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

eskimounltd
31st May 2013, 15:33
Hi Guys,

My names Rob, I'm 25 and in the final stages of making my decision to take the plunge into becoming a pilot. I've been working as an Account Manager and have been fortunate enough to save enough money to do my PPL and then proceed to do my CPL after that (covered by HELP, Australia's equivalent of a Student Loan).

It's all pretty exciting, I'm going through some high school level physics advanced maths too to refresh the memory to ensure I'm ready for that compass test when the PPL is complete; not to mention all the useful info on here (you guys don't beat around the bush with how the industry really is!)

Anyway, thought it was time to say hi! Looking forward to the journey :)

NzCaptainAndrew
31st May 2013, 16:31
do you have a uni degree. where do you see yourself in 5 years

framer
31st May 2013, 23:27
Good stuff Eski,
Take everything on here ( and at the aero club ) and think it over before deciding if you want to take it on board. Even really experienced people have dumb ideas or lack knowledge in certain areas so if you are wondering about something get several opinions from different sources and then come up with your own independent idea on the matter.
It's a really interesting career, have fun :)

j3pipercub
1st Jun 2013, 00:31
Furthermore Eski,

Post count and join date do not indicate an experienced pilot. For example, I drive an ice cream van :}.

Does doing the compass test mean you are shooting for the J* cadetship?

j3

eskimounltd
3rd Jun 2013, 01:40
No Degree, doing this course actually gives course credit to bachelor of commerce, always handy.

5 years I'd like to be flying and earning money from it, not all that concerned about how much to be honest, so the low pay that seems to be common once you get your foot in the door doesn't phase me all that much (parents are scottish, I know how to be tight!).

J3, it's not through a cadetship, it's independant from any airline, just offsetting the costs via HELP/HECS. But you need to pass a compass test to get into it first.

Thanks for the input guys :)