PDA

View Full Version : CTC Wings Cadet Programme or 43 Air School (SA)

Evan Turna
31st May 2013, 15:11
Hi everyone,

First post here, basically I'm 18 and live in UK, planning on starting everything to become a commercial pilot around this time next year.

Which means doing my research this year and planning well ahead for the best schemes available.

The schools and choices I've narrowed down are:
- CTC Wings Cadet Programme CTC Wings Cadet Programme | Pilot Sponsorship UK | CTC Wings (http://www.ctcwings.com/europe/courses/cadet_programme)
- 43 Air School in South Africa Pilot Training School - Learn to Fly at 43 Air School, Port Alfred (http://www.43airschool.co.za/)

Obviously CTC Cadets programme offers high possibility chance of employment afterwards but what about 43?

If anyone has been to either of these could you give me feedback as it would be much appreciated, Also if anyone recommends any other schools.

Cheers guys and gals!

Graham@IDC
3rd Jun 2013, 21:25
Hi Evan,

Welcome to Pprune. Both schools are very good and you would be trained to a high standard in either.

Where CTC might have the edge is in the transition to type rating training. Their simulator facility in Southampton is fantastic. I'm sure the guys at 43 will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall a big sim facility at Port Elizabeth.

Both PE and Hamilton are very pleasant places to train. The accommodation at 43 isn't quite as swish as CTC's in Hamilton but its very good.

Teaching standards at both schools are very high.

Personally, if I was going for an EASA licence (which presumably you are) then I'd probably opt for CTC. Furthermore CTC is more of a "known quantity" with European airlines.

LastMinuteChanges
4th Jun 2013, 09:02
I can't say I have heard of 43, but I, like most other pilots will have heard of CTC Aviation. I completed the Airline Qualification Course at CTC, and have to say, for the month I was there, found them to be fantastic in nearly every respect. My vote goes to CTC.

Evan Turna
4th Jun 2013, 21:29
Thanks for the input guys!

CTC does look like a better option but at roughly double the price I'm contemplating what would be the better decision.

Are there any other schools that are worth consideration?