PDA

View Full Version : Falcon 900 LX pilots.

clivewatson
29th May 2013, 04:27
If uou fly this SPECIFIC type, please contact me to help with how to extracting Dassalt claimed range from this airplane!

CaptainProp
29th May 2013, 10:36
Same as for every aircraft type -

Get an aircraft with no optional equipment installed, load the same amount of pax as manufacturer use in their range specifications, fly in ISA conditions, long range cruise, follow optimal profiles for take off - climb - cruise and descend and calculate with NBAA IFR reserves. Simple!

:}

BizJetJock
29th May 2013, 11:11
No idea about Falcons, but on other types complaints that "it doesn't do the range" invariably come down to not understanding the conditions as CP says and/or not flying the speeds accurately enough. 0.02M faster than the planned profile knocks a huge amount off the specific range.

Yogibaboo
30th May 2013, 22:54
Like any other business jet: cut 20% from advertised value and you are on the safe (practical) side.

falconer1
31st May 2013, 07:50
every Falcon, like most other types will do "book numbers" without any problems..if you adhere to the speed and altitude schedules corrected for temps they will always do it..( it is not always practical to do so, but that is not the point)

a common problem, especially on large cabin types is, that some "payload" is neither accounted for on the weighed BOW nor in the W&B sheet..

years ago, when an operator of such an aircraft claimed that it was not making range specs, a very simple investigation found out that this operator had a whopping 1000 lbs in additional catering supplies in the form of heavy china and silverware spread all over the bird, which never had been included in the BOW or W&B...problem solved..

DOCTOR BOMBAY
1st Jun 2013, 13:57
I fly the 7X a little different from the 900 but not that different ,most of my trips are 5300nm arriving with a fat 60 mins in the tanks, very close to the Falcon figures. In my experience if you fly the book figures and the aircraft is at the correct weight, it should be within 5% of the falcon book figures.

CL300
1st Jun 2013, 15:59
Fly it as Dassault wants it to be flown, and it will perform like the book says. No need to reinvent the wheel or else ( climb schedules, automation mode, cruise speeds, etc...) and remember like all types flying long range , low and slow at the beginning of the trip is the key of success.