PDA

View Full Version : Sign of the times that things are getting tough out there?

NutLoose
28th May 2013, 19:32
One has to make sacrifices and sell of ones items... :ooh:

This is a genuine Military Queens Royal Standard Flag, 15ft x 24ft in Unissued condition

The Royal Standard represents the Sovereign and the United Kingdom.

The Royal Standard is flown when The Queen is in residence in one of the Royal Palaces, on The Queen's car on official journeys and on aircraft (when on the ground).

It may also be flown on any building, official or private (but not ecclesiastical buildings), during a visit by The Queen, if the owner or proprietor so requests.

The Royal Standard also used to be flown on board the Royal Yacht, when it was in service and The Queen was on board.

Since the Union of the Crowns in 1603, the composition of the Royal Standard has taken various forms. In today's Standard there are four quarterings - two for England (three lions passant), one for Scotland (a lion rampant) and one for Ireland (a harp).

http://www.anchorsupplies.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/q/u/queens_royal_standard_flag.gif

See

Queens Royal Standard 'In Residence' Flag 15ft x 24ft (http://www.anchorsupplies.com/just-arrived/queens-royal-standard-in-residence-flag-15ft-x-24ft.html)

Would units hold these for the occasional visit, or would one do the rounds ahead of a visit?? Personally I'm holding out for a Corgi :p

Pontius Navigator
29th May 2013, 06:55
NL, did you see the Apprentice last night?

1. Requirement - one flag 6 feet x 4 feet.

2. Ordered - one flag 72 x 48 centimeters

NL, and to your question, all very well holding one in readiness at RAF Little Snoring or wherever in case the Corgi Van breaks down, but is the flag staff tall enough?

Wander00
29th May 2013, 16:41
Please don't mock Little Snoring - I lived there, in sight of the airfield, 1987-2005. Papers delivered by Mrs Gotobed - honest, they were

Wander00
29th May 2013, 20:52
My mate Peter Charles got me a trip back to Langham with Henry - my only ever Tiger Moth flight. I won't say how low we went but it was a good job the gates were open! For those that remember Peter (Norfolk Air Farmers, etc) saw him yesterday and he is ageing gracefully and still sharp as a tack.