PDA

View Full Version : EBACE Geneva - Was Anyone There?

Tray Surfer
28th May 2013, 10:56
I know EBACE finished last week, and having looked over the information and reviews from people who attended, as well as the photo section, it looked good.

Now, I know I am only looking into the world of lowly cabin crew in private/business aviation, but would this be something worth attending next year? Even if purely for the possibility of making contacts and networking?

I see that this year, there was a full 1 day addition section for cabin crew, which would have been good, and maybe they will do it again.

Any thoughts on it?

Thanks all,

TS
:)

Mark Ranger
28th May 2013, 15:58
TS - I was there, and for us (EBAN magazine) it's an event that you really must attend.

The feedback I got from people I was talking to suggested that the numbers were perhaps a bit down on last year, but the quality of visitors was certainly good.

I was also delighted to hear of the plans that all exhibitors will be in the same halls next year - as opposed to the current system whereby OEMs are in one hall and the rest of us are elsewhere. not quite sure how the logistics of that will work, but it is to be applauded as an initiative.

For bizav networking, I don't think you'd find a better opportunity - especially if you plan your days before you go.

flydive1
28th May 2013, 18:19
Been to a few EBACE.

Best place for making and renewing contacts in business aviation.

Yes this year looked a bit slow.

Do not know if the solution of moving all together will really be good, OEM take up a lot of space and do not see how is going to work. The present set up is not really a problem in my opinion, is not lake the 2 halls are miles apart.

Couple of advice.
Try to get an invitation, I believe the ticket is not cheap.
If you want to stay the night, plan ahead and it won't be cheap.
Get really comfortable shoes.;)

LGW Vulture
28th May 2013, 19:19
Just keep away from the food. :yuk::yuk::yuk:

twinjetter
28th May 2013, 20:09
Food was ok at La Reserve :)

Visiting from a different industry perspective to previous visits, it was the best show in years for me. Quantity may have been down, but quality was sky-high; honestly could've done with a six day show (my liver may disagree).

Once you get past the price-hike bullsh1t, there is great business to be done...Think ROI.

See you all next year? Thought so.

Steve

Tray Surfer
28th May 2013, 20:52
Get really comfortable shoes.;)

If you want to stay the night, plan ahead and it won't be cheap.

Thanks for that flydive1... As cabin crew already, I have those coming out of my ears! :cool:

And, on your second point... Praise the lord for Hotel Points with no blackout nights... :D

To all, I sincerely appreciate the responses and the PM's I have had. Most encouraging.

Warmest Regards,

TS
:)

glider12000
28th May 2013, 21:19
As the others have said the numbers may have been down but the key decision makers appeared to have been in attendance, and when dealing with the products I work with, these are the people we are looking to meet with at the event.

Comfy shoes and a good liver definitely required! :ok:

Tray Surfer
28th May 2013, 21:22
I don't drink alcohol... Will I fit in? :oh: :)

galaxy flyer
28th May 2013, 23:26
Better than "fit in"; you'll stand out! :E

GF