PDA

View Full Version : easyJet pilot recruitment from within?

contacttower118.2
27th May 2013, 12:00
I've read in several places now that easyJet have in the past recruited pilots who hold a CPL/IR and are currently working in the company in other roles on the ground or as cabin crew.

Can someone who actually works for easy, and I think there are a few on here, confirm or deny this and if true would it actually be a viable way to end up as pilot for them?

average-punter
27th May 2013, 12:48
It is true. It's just opened up for the 2nd time. I know some people who went through it the first time. It's a great way to get in. I'm unsure of how many applied for the 10 spaces though.

contacttower118.2
27th May 2013, 13:29
Interesting, do you know roughly how many people are working in non-pilot roles at easy who have fATPLs?

Fostex
27th May 2013, 14:00
Scattered around the industry there are numerous souls who have done the requisite training and could be labelled with the ubiquitous fATPL. Some might say they are showing a bit initiative by realising that in any industry to succeed often requires a bit of luck and being in the right place at the right time. If one spends more time around the aeroplanes and industry one might guess one is more likely to gain employment.

Captain_Scooby
27th May 2013, 16:06
I believe there were 60 applicants for 10 places last year. Minimum service is 18 months. I would say there are 75-100 staff with fATPL's. Several last year had the licence but not the 18 months, and this time round have both.

contacttower118.2
27th May 2013, 16:20
Thanks for info people, my faith in getting useful stuff out of PPRuNe has been partially at least restored!