PDA

View Full Version : Transfer of medical

cefey
25th May 2013, 12:19
Hello,

If anyone knows it, or have done it recently, help would be appreciateted.

I need to transfer my medical from Norwegian CAA to UK CAA.
I have 1st class, which is now become 2nd class.
And I need to have 1st class, so I have to do examination now.

What is easiest way for me to do so?
Collect all the papers, copies, forms and sent it to UK CAA and then do my examination there?

Or just go to UK, do an examination there (will it automatically give my UK medical?).

And after I got UK medical, will I be able to do my examination in other EASA countries, or do it have to be in UK?

Thank you very much!

4redsyourdead
25th May 2013, 12:33
I would probably just for the less hassle go to Gatwick and get yourself a class one medical. Least you then won't need the hassle of transferring it over. I had this issue a year ago and took 6 weeks and many phone calls to get it sorted! Also as far as I know ( may be wrong ) but with the new EASA medicals you can get it issued from another state. Although this is just pure speculation on my part. But I fly on a non UK licence using my new EASA class one issued in the UK without any trouble :)

kaptn
25th May 2013, 13:01
It was possible with the JAA. The CAA needed to have a confirmation of the foreign JAA medical organization that you're fit (I remember a file in the cAA website which described this process)...It has been removed now, and I think it has changed with EASA JAA...

cefey
25th May 2013, 15:17
if it possible for me just to obtain CAA UK via examination, I think its easiest way to do so. And since I need to renew it, money-wise it would be about the same.

4redsyourdead
25th May 2013, 15:53
Yes it would be. You would have to phone the medical department and book and appointment. For the initial you would have to go to Aviation House at Gatwick Airport. Takes around 4 hours or so. Not sure cost wise, was a long time ago but I would hazard around 300 pounds.

BigGrecian
25th May 2013, 18:48
We have students transfer their medials to the UK all the time without problem :

The guide is at :
How to obtain a UK EASA Licence if you hold a non-UK medical certificate/licence | Medical | Personal Licences and Training (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=90&pageid=2576)

Form is at :
SRG1202: Form for the Transfer of Medical Details to the UK Aeromedical Section for a Change of State Licence (SOLI) | Publications | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=2872)

cefey
25th May 2013, 22:52
BigGrecian, what would you suggest to me? I need my medical by the end of next month. And I need to renew my medical anyway.
Transfer fee is £75, then renewal fee.

You think I still will benefit from transferring VS obtaining initial one?

Thank you for the links

BigGrecian
26th May 2013, 12:30
The UK CAA tend to be pretty quick about the SOLI - the controlling factor is normally the other state - it can be done in a month.

I wouldn't expect problems with Norway but you never know.

So horses for courses really.