PDA

View Full Version : Jump pilot authorisation

Results may vary
25th May 2013, 06:16
Hey guys,

Been reading through some posts re gaining an ozzy JPA with a PPL.

I have the required minimums apart from the 10 on type which I am currently working on with a 182 but, what I haven't been able to find out is if I can do my JPA without already having found a operator to work for post JPA.

The reason I ask this is because I have heard that there is a practical exam in gaining the JPA so, am wondering how this happens without a jump aircraft handy. I am wanting to get the JPA done along the way so I can show up to a prospective operator with it already.

Any ideas??

Cheers

VH-BCY
25th May 2013, 09:44
There are many Jump Pilot Examiners around the country and are listed on the APF website Home - Australian Parachute Federation (http://www.apf.asn.au) under the Forms and Publications tab. Some of them are aircraft owners and have their own jump plane that is used by a DZ operator but some will conduct the training outside of the DZ for a fee. There is a written, oral and practical side to the training all of which can be done anywhere and doesn't have to be done at a DZ, although being exposed to a DZ operation gives you a good understanding of what actually goes on. If you don't have any luck with any of your local examiners, I have a C210 with an inflight opening door like the ones on any C182 and will conduct the training in it and can also offer the 10 hours on type experience which by the end of the 10 hours, you will be licenced to fly any single piston engined high wing Cessna for parachute ops, ie any C182, C205, C206 or C207. This may or may not get you a start, but certainly shows you are keen and if you happen to be at the right place at the right time it might just get you a start ahead of any other similarly experienced pilot without a JPA. Don't hesitate to PM for more details. :ok: