PDA

View Full Version : Amenity Kits and Flight Crew Wings for Biz Jet

great white
22nd May 2013, 00:55
Please can anybody help shed some light on a couple of questions?

I am in need of crew 'wing' badges for 2 pilots and a cabin crew member, we have all been trained by a generic training school which does not provide you with a set of wings when you pass your course := . Any names of companies that I can approach would be greatly appreciated :ok: .

Secondly, I need to purchase amenity kits for pax :zzz:. I do not need a large quantity so I do not wish to purchase from overseas where some of the minimum orders are 20000+ :eek:. Again any suggestions of companies that can produce these in smaller amounts would be a great help :ok::ok: .

Thank you in advance for any help!! :D

smallfry
22nd May 2013, 10:09
Wings? I dont know ANY training school that hands out Wings when you complete your course. (only the Military.) Try Sportys or transair or pooleys.
Pax kits? Make your own. Get some nice little bags made, and then fill them with the things you think the pax will like.. toothbrush, toothpaste, lip salve, moisturiser, earplugs, pen, mints...

Trim Stab
22nd May 2013, 10:20
We don't need no stinking badges! - YouTube (http://youtu.be/VqomZQMZQCQ)

PURPLE PITOT
22nd May 2013, 11:31
Exactly what kind of "generic training school" did you go to? Type rating?

Your question is ringing a lot of alarm bells.

NuName
22nd May 2013, 17:48
Read the first post by the great white, :eek:

long final
22nd May 2013, 20:13
A deep cover troll!

galaxy flyer
22nd May 2013, 23:14
Two points,

No bizjet crew wears wings, you want to be an airline sky god, become one.

No bizjet pax are going to look kindly on "amenity kits", it reminds them of being an airline pax, a steaming bowl of Not Good for your future.

GF

Gulfstreamaviator
23rd May 2013, 07:15
We wear wings on white shirts.

We supply a little amenity bag, with aircraft registration and type on it, in a stylish bag, the owners visitors love it.

Horses for courses.

Glf

Miles Magister
23rd May 2013, 09:23
Glf,

It is nice to see your sensible and helpful reply to a good question. I wish the other posters would try and be as helpful rather than attempt to put down colleagues.

I have worn wings on my jacket or uniform with most operations and not with soem others. It really does not make a difference to me.

When running the show I used to provide small bags or loose accessories which we sourced and made up ourself. With some regular customers you learn what they like and tailor the pack when they are traveling, some do not like them so you hide the pack on those trips. I believe it is good service and Great White, if you keep up the good attitude your customers will like what you do.

MM

mutt
23rd May 2013, 18:56
No bizjet crew wears wings Oh yes we do, one on the shirt and another on the jacket, we don't wear them on our overcoats. We also wear hats :)

No bizjet pax are going to look kindly on "amenity kits" oops we give these out as well, including sleeper kits on night flights, the crew love them :)

mutt

long final
23rd May 2013, 18:58
MM,

Have a look at the OP first ever post (that'll be 1 of 2) and look at the date. The comments were not too strange until looking at that.

hval
23rd May 2013, 19:05
Look at Etihad First Class and Oman Air First Class kits.

Also, Formia, a company that produces amenity kits produced a small case by Rimowa

galaxy flyer
23rd May 2013, 23:02
GLF and mutt,

My apologies, it must be my "Yank" showing, oops! Our planes have the labs stocked with favored amenities, the closets have favored lounging sweats and slippers. As for wings, again, haven't seen many crews in the US, when they wear uniforms, wearing wings and the like.

OP, please pay attention to my betters, they know the international scene better than I.

GF

great white
23rd May 2013, 23:30
Thank you to 'some' for your help. :ok:

Maybe others are reading far too much into these simple questions??? :ugh:

I have been asked to provide amenity kits for the passengers so I am trying to do my job to the best of my ability to fulfil all requests that are made to hopefully give an outstanding level of service thus ensuring repeat business and keeping everyone happy. :D:D

With regard to the 'wings', call me a fool for trying to look smart and also for maybe bringing part of my previous experience as commercial crew with me but I think they do finish off the uniform and I have seen other biz jet crew wearing them. :D:D

As for the 'troll' comment......get a life and stop thinking the worst of people!:=

I only wanted some simple questions answered, I was not looking to take over the world or something!!! :suspect::suspect:

:ugh::ugh::ugh: Jeez forgive me for wanting to do a great job!!!! :D:D:D

Rant over now....thank you to the other kind helpful people who have given some good advise. I have found a company called 'Johnsons' who make wings and I am going to go with the idea of making my own amenity kits and purchase mini bottles etc.

Happy flightings people!!!

cambioso
24th May 2013, 07:41
If nothing else, at least you have learnt to use Smilies. I have never seen so many in one post .....amazing skill.
Just an observation though.................The last time I saw someone applauding themselves................It was at a chimps tea party!!

goaround737
30th May 2013, 07:13
What Cambioso said, especially the chimps tea party bit. What's with all the emoticons buddy?