PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Jet

dss3000
20th May 2013, 20:06
Does anyone have any info regarding the Management shake up at Hong Kong Jet ?
Seems most upper echelon’s were let go ! any truth or is this a nasty rumour I just heard ?

flybizjets8
14th Nov 2013, 05:40
As I understand it, they were not let go. They bailed out after the parent did not fund them. They could not pay their bills. Even staff started to get paid late. Hainan Group is the parent of Deerjet, Hongkong Jet, and others. Rumor is it is very unstable.

envoy
14th Nov 2013, 22:30
Another possibility, as overheard in the bars of Wanchai... the Hainan group has treated HKJet like it has treated its other HK aviation ventures. It starts out with high salaries, big names and all the right ideas, and then - over time - it drops the salaries, ejects the big names and changes the direction. Over successive iterations of management purges and cost cutting the company becomes what you always intended.

There are still some very good people working at HKJet, but it remains to be seen whether their abilities and good intentions can prevail in the face of such a formidable benefactor.

Having the Hainan group backing you is actually a sign of stability, IMHO. They are one of the biggest, most cashed up aviation companies in China. The recently joint ventured with Gulfstream to set up a dedicated service facility in Beijing to take care of one of their omnipresent offspring, Deerjet. No small feat.

Is HKJet unstable? I guess it depends on what you mean by stability. Longevity of the business? I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. A place where you would want to work long-term? Not so sure... watch and see, I guess.

FrankR
15th Nov 2013, 02:09
By Jove Envoy, I think you've got it!!

No more Wan Chai for you, you've graduated to LKF!

I think HKJ will continue to wallow and slowly do a CFIT....

We will See

FR