PDA

View Full Version : Free Lance King FO

Ryan2811
19th May 2013, 20:00
Ok so after two years of working in an office, I have finally gained my first flying position, the type rating is done and dusted and I am now flying on a free lance basis for a small private King Air operator. Unfotunately due to the nature of the company I am only flying with them 8 to 10 days per month.

I was wondering if any one knows of other companies who use free lance King air F/O's, What minimum requirements they look for etc. Any help would be much appreciated before I start firing of CV's.

BBJ-Captain
20th May 2013, 07:48
Platinum 21 are looking for kingair 350 crew.
They recently had a ferry job, but now think they need permanent.

magicmick
20th May 2013, 09:44
Congratulations on finding employment in such a tough market, not sure what your total hours are but you might want to send a CV to Capital Air Charter in Exeter:

Careers at Capital Air Charter (http://www.capitalaircharter.co.uk/pages/careers.aspx)

Good luck.

Ryan2811
20th May 2013, 11:45
My experience is fairly limited; this is my first job after finishing training. I was about to do an instructor rating when this job cropped up. I figured experience in a turbo-prop operation was more valuable than time in the right seat of a PA-28 or C152 even if the hour/year are lower.

Unfortunately my rating is for the 90 up to the 250. The 350 is a separating rating.

magicmick
20th May 2013, 12:37
Ok, I'd have made the same decision between FI and TP operator.

I notice that DragonFly in Cardiff are advertising for a Captain, not sure if this is to replace someone that has left or maybe they're expanding and might be searching for an F/O soon, maybe woth chucking them a CV.

I've also heard (not sure how true it is) that CEGA Air Ambulance in Bournemouth are changing from single pilot ops to Capt and F/O so it might be worth approaching them.

Might also be worthwhile approaching Jota Aviation.