PDA

View Full Version : Heli charter hire business in South Africa

fal5taff
18th May 2013, 13:29
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking into starting a charter hire business in SA. I have no experience in the industry but I do have capital and a sales channel into safari lodges across Africa. I am looking for information on how the business works, hazards, costs etc, and would really appreciate it if anyone could direct me to some useful resources. I am ultimately looking for a pilot to partner with.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tim

Pandalet
19th May 2013, 15:05
Your best bet is likely to be one of the established operators out there. Do you have some idea of where in the country you're hoping to operate? I have some contact details for operators in the Cape Town and Port Elizabeth areas.

I'm just a lowly pilot, so I can't tell you much about operating a flying business, but if you have SA-specific questions, I should be able to answer them - feel free to PM or similar.

Flyting
19th May 2013, 18:45
Like Pandalet said: DON'T...
To set it all up for 1 machine will cost you more than enough, and the hassle that goes with it all in dealing with the austhorities :ugh:
Easiest way is to piggy back on with an established operator who has all the neccessary neccessaries.
BUT....... B....U....T....!!! Be careful who you go into bed with. There are quite a few operators in SA who are willing to :mad: without a condom... and take your money (africa is rife with AIDS)
PM me for operators in the Johannesburg/Pretoria area up north