PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Airlines - Biz Class - avoid!

Bond'll Do
17th May 2013, 19:51
late April experience to share:

BRU/IST/MLE/CMB on TK730/731 especially

Full-fare J paid to get bonus miles on this route.

BRU/IST/BRU sectors OK and on time...although watch out for 'zoo world' boarding procedures.

IST/MLE/CMB/MLE/IST a complete and utter 'joke', as follows.....just sharing to avoid...not needing sympathy...hehehe.

Arrived as TK biz lounge closed 11pm lcl. No food apart from fruit until 6am served there. Initial 2hr delay announced...then rolled to 6hrs. Instead of 01.05hrs departure.....was after 7am lcl.

Lounge staff 'couldn't care less'. On eventual 'zoo boarding' and dep. was told that due to delay...they only had 'Y' catering. Served raw 'scrambled eggs' in a crepe on a 'Y' tray. Sent back to reheat. Crew couldn't care less. Wait for it...that was all offered on an 8hrs 30 mins sector to MLE....and no service apart from limited selection of drinks after 1hr 30mins MLE transit to CMB. Diabolical. I can't even remember getting off any flight ever...starving hungry.

Wait for it.....same on the way back 2 weeks later! Lovely hols in Sri Lanka, btw! :-)

No food until after transit in MLE...then you guessed it.....undercooked scrambled egg/crepe type thing...no choice. IFE not working older A-330. Complained and got offered some tasteless 'turkish hazelnuts'...wow.

Long chat with Purser gave me info/explanation, that as this was a new route...something had gone wrong with catering. Duuuh. No onboard chef....all I can share is avoid this route until TK have their act sorted. Needless to say, I am awaiting substantial refund/airmiles offer. Seat OK...rest of service completely diabolical without getting emotional!!! heheheh

EISNN
17th May 2013, 20:25
Haven't you shared this info with us already? Besides shouldn't this also be on "Self Loading"? Seriously ....... let it go. :ugh: