PDA

View Full Version : CTC TAKEOFF Graduates- Where are you now?

BaconSandwich
16th May 2013, 16:46
Hello, I just completed my ATPL exams and was intrigued as to, where you guys and girls have ended up after graduating from CTC Takeoff course?

RedBullGaveMeWings
16th May 2013, 17:22
Go to Adventia or CESDA (they will accept normal modular students by the end of this summer).

pakythepilot
16th May 2013, 22:58
@Redbull
Adventia seems a high professional school in fact I notice they have iberia and air europa as partnership airline. I might be interest. Do you know how much they charge for a CPL/IR/MEP course?
what it makes me worry regard attending a course in spain, is that often ATC and instructor have poor english knowledge and also I have heard plenty of people about having issues with the Spanish Aviation Authority.

RedBullGaveMeWings
17th May 2013, 01:21
I have no idea. I sent them an email a week ago but haven't received any answer yet. I hope I'll get it, they do their ME on a King Air and perform international flights as part of flight training.
Another good option in Spain is CESDA which is actually a university but after summer 2013 they should accept normal modular students too.
Still in Catalunya, there is Aerolink and they appear to have experienced instructors working in the airline industry too.

zondaracer
17th May 2013, 03:31
in fact I notice they have iberia and air europa as partnership airline
LOL, a partnership doesn't do you any good if the company has not hired pilots in over 12 years (and I am referring to Iberia). to be fair though, Iberia owns a majority stake in Vueling now, and Adventia does have a partnership with Vueling. By the way, CESDA also has an agreement with Vueling.

4redsyourdead
17th May 2013, 11:05
I know a guy who went and ended up with a job flying 320's for Monarch last year.

conk757
17th May 2013, 12:34
Finished CTC Take Off last year,PM me if you have any questions :ok:

pakythepilot
17th May 2013, 14:03
@conk
trust me it would be better if you share your story and your experience in CTC on this thread otherwise your pm will be full. Even because I think everybody here is looking for the same answers: is it worth going in ctc? have you end up with a job? have ctc assisted you to find your job?

southernjock
17th May 2013, 16:07
Conk,

I will join my two PPRune brethren in requesting information on how you found the CTC Takeoff course and the employment prospects once complete. If you would you prefer us to PM you that is also understood?

mad_jock
17th May 2013, 16:37
there is no secrets.

There is a group that go to monach and a certain poster on here will tell you how great they are all doing and then there is the other majority......

Big tub of vasaline time and make sure you grease up all your orifices and even then its going to hurt.

Bealzebub
17th May 2013, 17:27
There is a group that go to monarch and a certain poster on here will tell you how great they are all doing and then there is the other majority......

Most cadets are either wings graduates or more recently MPL. There have been a few others interviewed from holding pools. So as not to disappoint mad jock, last years intake of cadets are now all coming up to their 1000 hours point. They have all been on full time permanent contracts for the last six months. From next month they should all be earning in the region of £60K+ with private health insurance, company paid type ratings, loss of licence insurance, DC pension schemes, company paid medicals, uniforms, car parking, phone allowances, permanent health insurance, staff travel benefits, holiday pay etc.

These pilots are part of a broad portfolio of recruitment that includes experienced type rated pilots, experienced non-type rated pilots, and as part of the latter group, ex-military pilots. Since they joined last year, there has been another two groups of cadets that have started. All the indications are that (subject to performance) they will follow the same pattern. Then there is the next intake....

Matt7504
17th May 2013, 17:54
As great as that sounds, that is the cadets from CTCWings. I too am curious to know what has happened to those who trained through Takeoff.

mad_jock
18th May 2013, 22:03
They obviously subisdised the training of the lucky ones which are now working with Bealzebub. Thus saving Monach a huge amount of money supporting a training system which they prefer, which wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for the charity of the people placing there familys capital on the line for the benefit of Monarch even though they are not likely to work for them.

conk757
19th May 2013, 21:57
I'm not going to go into too much detail on here, If you want specifics then PM me.

I completed my course last year and now doing my FI course. Didn't bother with AQC/ATP and haven't had any follow up from CTC since I finished....why would they I'm only modular after all......

Couldn't fault my training got 1st pass in my IR and CPL really enjoyed it, My instructor was great and really enjoyed my time there.

For those people thinking of doing the Take Off course just so they can get a shot at getting into the ATP pool, Good luck because there are 2 pools, 1 with integrated guys and 1 with modular guys and guess who they pick first....