PDA

View Full Version : Global XRS versus Global 6000 in reality

lotuslash
16th May 2013, 07:00
Hello ALL,

I did the search function.... but there are no recent news about my question.

How is the new Global 6000 (Fusion Cockpit) behavior in flight versus the Global XRS,

Instrument Handling wise?

Flying wise?

Performance wise (i know its the same, but is the performance package working?)

Do you have a better overview of systems in flight?

Maintenance wise, reliability?

Overall comparison maybe with a G550?

many thanks for all Your input

best regards
Lotuslash

:ok:

Ptimat31
16th May 2013, 09:48
Hi,

I guess you are confusing with the enhanced cockpit. The name Global 6000 is nothing but a re branding to match the other A/C from the family (5000 and now 7/8000).

You could get a Global 6000 with a Classic cockpit.

Regarding the Pro line fusion cockpit, I only saw it in the sim. Great design if you except the yoke hiding half of your PFD. Maybe they corrected it.

Cheers,

Fossy
16th May 2013, 11:41
you can get a 6000 with a classic cockpit?

just for clarification please find below the definition as per the type certificate data sheet:

The “Global 6000” is a marketing designation for BD-700-1A10 equipped with the Global Vision Flight Deck, corresponding to aircraft serial numbers 9313, 9381, 9432 and subsequent, excluding 9998.

There are not too many other differences to the XRS, but as I heard, the 6000 will be certified for steep approaches

Jet Jockey A4
17th May 2013, 00:24
Fossy is correct...

You basically have the original Global Express aka the "Classic".

Then they upgraded the Global/Classic with the XRS version which brought in some system changes/modifications and a higher pressurization differential. (BTW, the Global 5000 incorporates the XRS's upgrades)

Then when they brought in the Collins Fusion cockpit, they decided to name it the 6000. So the 6000 is the latest version of the Global Express which is in production.

I have not flown the 6000 because you need a differential course but I'm pretty sure all models fly the same way physically. Electronically the Fusion cockpit is light years ahead of the Honeywell based cockpit found in the Classic and XRS versions.

Because it is so different and more advanced I'm sure it incorporates things and systems that were simply not available or able to be included in the Honeywell cockpit. I believe in the Fusion cockpit you can have a weight and balance page available to you. The synthetic vision is awesome, the huge screens can display a multitude of pages and can even be split in two.

However, the Honeywell based cockpit with its synoptic pages covers most if not all of the aircraft's systems, so it's not bad at all.

I had the chance to sit in the Fusion sim here in Montreal and I tell you it is simply amazing. Wish we would have waited a few more serial numbers and gotten one... Oh well, maybe in a near future or maybe they are waiting for the 8000! :-)

galaxy flyer
17th May 2013, 01:53
The G6000 does have W&B built into the FMS. Performance, FMS speeds, some VNAV functions have not been released, which requires a software update. But the screens, graphical flight planning, SVS, new weather radar, new HUD are all significant improvements. The Synoptics cover the same systems, in a similar presentation, but with the large screens, all can be presented at once. The CES is much more stable and easier to use.

Aircraft handling and performance is the same as an XRS.

GF

ksjc
17th May 2013, 03:55
The Global 5000 had both old and new avionics. Perhaps that's where the confusion is?

Some 5000s have CRT style steam gauges and others have new, good stuff.

Jet Jockey A4
17th May 2013, 09:50
You mean the 5000 had the Honeywell cockpit when first released (hardly what I would call steam gauges) but now switched over to the Collins Fusion at the same time as the 6000 was introduced.

ksjc
18th May 2013, 00:24
CRT IS the new steam gauge. No?

I fly a CRT equiped Global 5000 so I know of what I speak.

Jet Jockey A4
18th May 2013, 00:38
LOL... Okay if you see it that way I'll go along with it.:E

I was under the impression that "steam gauges" were the old style displays like analogue ASI, altimeters, VSIs and so on and that a "mixed" cockpit was a combination of both EFIS and steam gauges (601-3R).

Full EFIS like the 604, Globals, GIVs, GVs, etc...

FCS_TEST
19th May 2013, 14:33
Hi All, does anyone have an idea where i can find training material for the GLOBAL 6000 ?