PDA

View Full Version : I can't hear myself pray!

VH-FTS
16th May 2013, 06:18
How did this one slip through the pprune cracks?

Prime Minister Julia Gillard this morning told ABC Radio providing the grant was the right decision.

"The airport levies are paid around the nation, and yes, some of that money is used to deal with noise for people who live in the vicinity of the airport," she said.

Talk back radio was claiming an increase in landing fees at ADL to cover the cost.

No Cookies | Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/m-in-federal-budget-to-shield-adelaide-greek-orthodox-church-from-aircraft-noise-fair/story-e6frf7jo-1226643137461)

Avgas172
16th May 2013, 08:13
if that's right, how much is the church worth?, I'm fairly confident that the airport would have been there before the first Greek Orthodox Church was en route from Greece .... Juliar WTF! :mad:

Mail-man
16th May 2013, 09:08
I'm against those noisy churchbells, it's sunday for christs sake!

Ex FSO GRIFFO
16th May 2013, 09:40
Its God's house isn't it..??

If God wants it SSShhhh quiet, then I reckon God could do that by ...

(A) With a click of the fingers, making all aeroplanes very SSSHHH.... or

(B) putting a 'sound-proof dome' over His church to protect His flock - at no cost to taxpayers....

Ask Jooliar which God..?? I thought she claimed she is an athiest....

:rolleyes:

Oktas8
16th May 2013, 10:47
I don't support public funding for private agencies affected by airport noise. "Who was there first" and all that.

But if homes & "other public buildings" in the area are being funded, why should the community church not also be funded? It would be odd if it were excluded.

Singling out the church for special treatment in the newspaper is one big dog whistle in election year. Says more about the Herald Sun than it does about the church.