PDA

View Full Version : can i fly N reg. with ICAO license ???

Meshoo
15th May 2013, 20:47
Hi all...

I have ICAO CPL/IR with HS-125 rating.
I work in the Middle east.

now the company has a N reg. aircraft and I don't have FAA CPL.

in this case, can I fly this aircraft with a special authorization as Part 61.77 ?

because the aircraft is only operated in the middle east area.

i need help for that ASAP.

thanks

Max Payne
15th May 2013, 21:02
To my knowledge, only in the country that issued your ICAO CPL.

mutt
15th May 2013, 23:39
No you can't. Look at 61.77 (1) and (2). It's highly unlikely that the aircraft is engaged in international air transport, and if it operates under GACAR 135, then it would have to be written in your Operations Specifications and Training Manuals. If the company wants you to fly it, then get the FAA license and rating in your next recurrent, using 61.157

Mutt

Meshoo
16th May 2013, 01:05
Thank you Captains

I checked the part 61.77 many times, and I think it can be with my ICAO license if we take in consideration that I am already rated on same aircraft and the company is part 91 and am only SIC.

So can I just start fly that "N" aircraft or the company should request the a special purpose authorization ?

And what normally the time it takes to be issued?

Meshoo
16th May 2013, 01:32
I also remember but not sure, that with my license I can fly any aircraft as SIC in domestic flights, but for international only the rating I have and also SIC.

B200Drvr
16th May 2013, 09:29
Meshoo,
You cannot be part of commercial crew, ie get paid to fly a N reg airplane without an FAA certificate endorsed with the type rating!!
You can fly a N reg airplane on VFR only in the country that issued your ICAO CPL. Its very clear in the regs!!!

mutt
16th May 2013, 10:17
So can I just start fly that "N" aircraft or the company should request the a special purpose authorization ? No you cannot just start flying the aircraft as you don't have a license to do so.

And what normally the time it takes to be issued? It wont be issued. 61.77 is to help US aircraft leasing companies so that they can lease aircraft and keep them on the US register. Its not for privately operated corporate jets.

B200drvr was actively involved in Jeddah aviation, listen to what he is telling you, it cant be done. You are not qualified to fly that aircraft.

And just to add, there is no part 91 in Saudi Arabia anymore, that aircraft will have to go on a 135 certificate or leave the country.

Mutt

alizein747
31st Aug 2013, 09:41
I am facing the same problem i have jaa cpl ir and icao lcense and my company have n registry , any news how can i fly it with a special request ?

Thank you

B200Drvr
4th Sep 2013, 02:05
Alizein
You cannot fly N reg aeroplanes on a commercial operation ie getting paid, without an FAA commercial pilots certificate. End of story.

FrankR
4th Sep 2013, 03:19
It can be done:

So long as the owners brother is married into a family with strong connections, it should be alright, and they will have someone from Jordan or Egypt who works in HR, and has never flown a plane tell you that with certainty.

Should the US FAA take notice, they can't suspend your license, since you haven't got.

inshallah!

... OK, I'm kidding the answer is still NO

MarkerInbound
4th Sep 2013, 04:33
Sec. 61.3

Requirement for certificates, ratings, and authorizations.

[(a) Pilot certificate. No person may serve as a required pilot flight crewmember of a civil aircraft of the United States, unless that person--
(1) Has a pilot certificate or special purpose pilot authorization ... However, when the aircraft is operated within a foreign country, a pilot license issued by that country may be used;

Where does it say that you can only operate VFR in a foreign country or that you can not perform commercial operations in a foreign country?

envoy
4th Sep 2013, 05:09
In addition to getting advice direct from the FAA on this matter: I would ask your employer's aircraft insurer for their position on this situation. I would be surprised if they didn't have an opinion on qualifications/licensing - unless they are a 'shady' insurer...

I am guessing that your employer has not asked the FAA for a ruling about this matter. If not - why not?

I think FrankR's answer hit the nail on the head.

Safe flying

Teldorserious
4th Sep 2013, 20:32
Sure, why not.

You pencil whip your log book like everyone else, kiss the butt of some chief pilot, he recalibrates your license in house through a Visa program. You are in. All you have to do is leave your morals at the door, be completely unqualified to be a pilot, be desperate, as that gets the attention of the chief pilot, and robotically do whatever you are told, to include following an incompetent captain into the side of a mountain.

FrankR
4th Sep 2013, 22:38
Not really wanting to flog the FAR's, leasing and insurance agreements this afternoon, but sure, you cling to this and fly from Jeddah to Riyadh a few times with no problems, then "just this once" you must fly from Riyadh to Rome and on to our favorite Luton. What will you tell the SAFA inspector when they ask for your certificate? This is why they came up with SAFA inspections in the first place.

- Getting an FAA CPL/ATPL is no big deal, why not go for it and avoid all the problems?

FR