PDA

View Full Version : System vs Minima Eu-ops

brn-2-fly
15th May 2013, 19:31
Hi guys,

Looking through Eu-ops to make some notes so I can keep myself refreshed on important info and came across two "System vs Minima" tables, outlining MDH's for several non-precision approaches.

As far as I'm aware the first table is outdated, as it shows NDB as 300ft, the new table showing it as 350ft, and a new addition of NDB/DME with 300ft. They've also included Rnav on the new table.

I'm sure the second table is current under EASA, but am I wrong?

I was just wondering if anyone knew why the original table is still in there? Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

hvogt
16th May 2013, 00:17
I was just wondering if anyone knew why the original table is still in there?There are two tables because operators were given some time for the transition to the new aerodrome operating minima of Appendix 1 (New) to OPS 1.430. According to OPS 1.430(e)1., "An operator must ensure that either Appendix 1 (Old) or Appendix 1 (New) to OPS 1.430 is applied. However, an operator must ensure that Appendix 1 (New) to OPS 1.430 is applied not later than three years after publication date." It should be apparent, the "original table" is more or less a remnant from the time the regulation was published.

I'm sure the second table is current under EASA, but am I wrong?Under EASA rules, which are not applicable everywhere yet, the system minima from Table 3 of Appendix 1 (Old) to OPS 1.430 and Appendix 1 (New) to OPS 1.430 have become part of the AMC to CAT.OP.MPA.110. The values, however, were not changed.

brn-2-fly
20th May 2013, 18:26
HVOGT, thankyou very much for your reply, all clear now!

hvogt
20th May 2013, 19:44
Brilliant. Glad I could help.