PDA

View Full Version : EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTS AND PAY

FlyingOfficerKite
13th May 2013, 14:31
A lot has been said during the course of the past couple of years about a perceived shortage of FIs, particularly on commercial/MPL courses due to the experience requirements - especially IFR time under EASA.

Is this shortage being manifest, or is it some time off?

A former BA training captain I was speaking with yesterday seemed to confirm that there would be a shortage of suitably qualified and rated instructors and that pay would increase through simple economics of supply and demand.

Has anyone experienced this lack of experienced instructors, either from the standpoint of an operator or as a FI?

Kind regards

FOK :)

Whopity
13th May 2013, 17:51
I think if you spoke to a few FIC providers you would find that there are now very few IRI courses, GAPAN withdrew its IRI bursary this year due to a lack of applicants.

FlyingOfficerKite
14th May 2013, 09:58
Whopity

That's interesting.

Hopefully now that my airline flying days are over I might actually be ahead of the game for commercial instructing in the future!?

It would make a pleasant change as it seems to have been a constant battle over the years to maintain and improve my instructional qualifications and experience against a background of regulation and change.

I seem to have gained under EASA, certainly from the instructional perspective.

Kind regards

FOK :)

notlikethat
20th May 2013, 14:10
I gave up commercial flying for personal reasons and hoped to move back into commercial flight training. I am unusual in that I actually want to instruct but since the collapse of Cabair I have had a very dissapointing reaction from any flight schools I have contacted.