PDA

View Full Version : Gliding FAI Claim and new logger

Lurchio
8th May 2013, 05:49
Morning,

Few questions regarding the Fly With CE FR300 and submissions to the BGA.

Im happy with the operation so let's just say I have been flying and managed a trip to 10, 000ft a truly amazing height gain for a mere pundit like myself. (Sadly only an example). So I come back down to earth and with my OO remove and using the fly with ce software download and 'declare' the flight as per the BGA guidelines.

Happily I'm above the 1100m height gain (100m added as per the sporting code for this FR)

So my claim is valid yet on the form it asks for a calibiration date. Well I have searched high and low for this but can't find it. Do I need one as its GPS rather than pressure?

How have people found using the FR? I like it for the cost and ease of having it with me for every flight!

Thoughts?

Thanks

ChrisA87
8th May 2013, 11:08
Might get more reponses over at Glider Pilot Network > uk.rec.aviation.soaring (http://uras.gliderpilot.net/)

mary meagher
8th May 2013, 13:14
Yep, or you could email the BGA....or phone them. I got my 22,300' gain of height using 2 barographs; one the latest gadget, which DIDN'T SHOW RELEASE HEIGHT!!!! the other an old smoky joe, clockwork, the trace was perfect. So belt and braces....

Lurchio
8th May 2013, 15:24
thanks for that, spoke with the BGA this morning. All sorted