PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide Control Tower nears commission

Jungmeister
7th May 2013, 07:36
This is a neat report with an audio interview. The tower looks quite impressive compared with the old blue one.
A bird's eye view of Adelaide Airport - ABC Adelaide - Australian Broadcasting Corporation (http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2013/05/01/3749108.htm)

:ok:

By George
7th May 2013, 09:52
Is that Teddy sitting on a chair still at Adelaide? Loved the way it kept moving around the taxiways. Can't imagine humour is allowed these days.

Wally Mk2
7th May 2013, 10:05
Yep teddy & friend (complete with Aussie flag) where near the threshold of Rwy 23 the other week:ok:

I believe the new ML Twr won't be occupied 'till around Aug this year.
I can just see it now you ask for a cloud base report whilst on the beam into ML Rwy 16 & the guy in the lofty Twr says hang on a tic I'll just run down & over to the old Twr to give you a cloud base report as this new one being so high we only get to see the top of the A380's fin as it's about the only thing that's above the fog bank, apart from us of course!:E

QF A380 you landed yet??.................yep sure have, well in that case wiggle ya rudder as ya go past thanks:-)

Wmk2

1Charlie
7th May 2013, 10:20
the new Melbourne tower will be the same height as Brisbane tower. Much higher (and straighter) than the old Melbourne one!

Jungmeister
7th May 2013, 13:36
I am surprised that my post about the new Adelaide International Airport Control Tower was shifted from:

"Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific".

to:

"The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions The place for students, instructors and charter guys in Oz, NZ and the rest of Oceania"

:confused:

Wally Mk2
7th May 2013, 15:58
'jung' if ya can figure out anything the Mods do ya better than most in here !:E

Wmk2