PDA

View Full Version : Flight Safety Australia

Old Akro
6th May 2013, 10:18
Its not getting any better is it? I think its time to unsubscribe & unburden the inbox.

VH-XXX
6th May 2013, 10:44
What, this masterpiece?

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Flight Safety Australia - Current issue (http://casa.grapevine.com.au/lists/lt.php?id=Y0UCAAMECAEGUB9VBwcGTA4CCAgD)

The grapevine part in the URL gives confidence :ouch:

http:/ /casa. grapevine .com.au/lists/lt.php?id=Y0UCAAMECAEGUB9VBwcGTA4CCAgD

pull-up-terrain
6th May 2013, 11:20
I thought the postman was being lazy lately. Explains why i haven't seen a Flight Safety Magazine in the letter box.

Is there any way of them posting it again or is it all electronic now?

kabukiman
6th May 2013, 12:03
they put notices in the last print issues about it going electronic and asking for your email so they could keep sending it out

I must admit I've read it less once it's arrived in my inbox and not my mailbox

Old Akro
6th May 2013, 12:17
I think " Pull up" missed the automated warning and didn't pull-up! :E

CASA dropped the printed version as a cost cutting measure. I think that a magazine that was marginal has progressively deteriorated since. I should be just put out of its misery.

Capn Bloggs
6th May 2013, 12:33
23mb for the tablet version?? Come on! Get rid of the pretty pictures. No PDF bookmarks...

Dangly Bits
6th May 2013, 13:12
It's awful. Just awful.

Jmac forego your bonus and give us back a decent magazine.

Don't be remembered for dismantling the good things at CASA.

C206driver
6th May 2013, 23:57
Agree with DB.
Sitting on the throne at work without a crash comic just isn't the same...

peterc005
7th May 2013, 01:18
I prefer the digital version of Flight Safety magazine personally. Just take your iPad with you when you visit the throne.

Handy thing about the digital version is you can keep old copies on the phone of notebook, which make good reading when waiting at airports.

aroa
7th May 2013, 07:10
Ditch the printed FSD, which lies around the club room and is read by many....and browsed by many others in years to come.

The "savings" can be peed up against the wall in numerous other ways...let me give you some examples by CAsA Wasterbaters

CASA office wants a log book (post to.. $5). THREE people drive for an hour plus (one way) to collect. Prob picked up the daily cash allowance as well. Departing comment was timing for xxxxxx lunch spot.
COST $..vehicle, time and etc... $1000.???

CAsA person wants to ask ONE question of a SAWI. 2 or was it 3? fly interstate for the micro quizz. Havent these buggers heard of email or skype.? cost $0. Actual cost for fares, hotels etc etc $ 10,000. ??

CASA person wants a doc signed and witnessed. Registered mail $8.
Flight interstate, hire car, hotels, allowances meals etc.. $8000. ??

Need I go on..? This is the age where bureaucrats dont give a rats ar$e about the efficient use of taxpayer funds. Just squeal for more, next budget... to make it "safer", of course.
And then just piss it away. :mad::mad: