PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa flight training

andy_84
4th May 2013, 21:19
Hey guys,

does anybody know the maximum age to apply at Lufthansa sponsored flight training? I found only the mimimum age to apply on their website and the other requirements.

Many thanks.

RedBullGaveMeWings
4th May 2013, 22:54
As far as I know there are no max limit age.
Are you fluent in German?

maximus610
4th May 2013, 23:04
I think it was 28.Maybe I'm wrong...

andy_84
5th May 2013, 06:08
In a german aviation forum, I found 27 years and 0 days as limit for the application, and i'm older :hmm:

RedBull, I'm studying GermAm to reach the required level.

shalinivirk
6th May 2013, 19:44
Hi,

Do the take International students also or is it only for EU nationals?

andy_84
6th May 2013, 19:48
Hi,
only EU citizen fluent with German and English

PH-Chucky
8th May 2013, 07:12
There's currently an overflow of LH-cadets from Lufthansa's Flight School (school is called NFF). They used to train almost 250 cadets a year. Furthermore they had capacity problems in their jet-phase (Citation) and therefore students had to wait almost a year before continuing with their training. Therefore it almost takes 3 years before finishing the MPL-scheme.

These cadets are used to get a job within the Lufthansa-Konzern which means they can start at Lufthansa Passage or Germanwings. But due to higher retirement-age (recently gone up from 60 to 65) a lot less new colleagues are needed and they are being placed on a waiting list.

Rumours say that up to 850 students are currently 'waiting'. This is number is including the guys/girls that are currently still doing their training. But at the end within 3 years all these cadets are looking for a job.

Lufthansa itself doesn't need any pilots right now. They are in the process of transferring part of their network/fleet to their lowcost daughter Germanwings. Because all pilots are on the same seniority list, one would think they would also transfer pilots from Lufthansa to Germanwings, but then they have to accept other T&C and management isn't willing to find a solution. Therefore Germanwings is now recruiting new pilots from Lufthansa's flight school, but conditions are deteriorating.... For instance Germanwings management wants to introduce summercontracts only.... :yuk:

Well, at the end it looks like not as many pilots are needed, and therefore they have closed their school until further notice. Please check this with Lufthansa Flight School because someday they will start with training cadets again.

At the end they still offer one of the best T&C in the industry. Flight School costs around 60/70K and you start to repay via your salary. So no job = no debts!

Yes, you have to speak German! They expect B2 level, so start freshing up your German language skills. But that should be doable if you're from the Netherlands or Scandinavia. It's worth the chance!

hvogt
8th May 2013, 11:18
Yes, you have to speak German! They expect B2 level, so start freshing up your German language skills. But that should be doable if you're from the Netherlands or Scandinavia. It's worth the chance! Freshening up one's language skills is always a good idea, PH-Chucky. Besides, learning German is not only doable if you're from the Netherlands or Scandinavia. One of the best foreign speakers of German I have ever met was an Italian.

RedBullGaveMeWings
8th May 2013, 11:25
True! I don't know why but German is not that hard for us italian:)