PDA

View Full Version : EU/UK BizJet pilot salaries website?

cambioso
1st May 2013, 17:04
Is there an online site that gives an idea of average Medium size (C604/Legacy/Falcon 900 etc) biz jet crew salaries for Europe/UK (not USA)?
I've trawled without success.
I've been asked by some people that may be interested in a start up operation, but I haven't a clue where to find this info.
Would appreciate any help Guys.
Cheers,
Jez

what next
1st May 2013, 17:48
Hello!

PPJN (Pilot Jobs Network - Recruitment news for airline pilots (http://www.ppjn.com/)) used to be the site to look at. I had a very quick glance at the figures that are listed for Germany (no idea about other European countries) and I don't think that these are still current. Right now you can be happy if they pay you at all.

Globally Challenged
1st May 2013, 17:54
It has been previously established here with a brief survey that Germany has significantly below-average salaries (particularly when compared to the UK)

Globalstream
1st May 2013, 17:56
Regrettably, there is no accurate, pan-European survey regards salaries that I have ever seen. In my experience, for a good operation, you are looking somewhere in the 100K GBP region for a UK based "heavy" . Possibly higher for private ops. Of course you will have to weigh up scheduling and whatever else you may receive in the proposed package.

Good luck.

what next
1st May 2013, 18:27
It has been previously established here with a brief survey that Germany has significantly below-average salaries (particularly when compared to the UK)

Yes, but on the other hand Germany has about the lowest cost of living in Europe now. Health insurance, social insurance and pension are all taken care of, school and even university for your children is absolutely free of charge and the same basket full of stuff at the supermarket will cost you less than 2/3 in Germany compared to the UK and most other European countries. From what I see we (in Germany) are better off with our comparatively low salary than our colleagues in other parts of Europe!

cambioso
1st May 2013, 19:53
Strange isn't it. I'm surprised there isn't a website............But I've never had cause to search for one before.
I guess there are US websites that give this info (allbeit for the US market) maybe I could factor these figures...........
Any ideas?
Thanks as always,
Jez

RedBullGaveMeWings
1st May 2013, 22:41
This survey is regarding 2012, obviously about American market.
http://www.safetystanddown.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Salary-study-6-12-lyt_June.pdf

Max Payne
1st May 2013, 23:54
You might have to mention that the German pension system is a PAYGO system and therefore not worth a lot, especially if you take into account that the 18.9 % are taken of comparatively low salaries, e.g. the 1.700 EUR gross you earn flying as F/O for LGW (Air Berlin subsidiary).

...and pension are all taken care of...

cambioso
2nd May 2013, 06:41
That's great RedBull I can work with that..........Many thanks.
Looking at the salaries, I guess they are pretty close to my perceived EU/UK (not Germany of course!) figures.
Anyone care to comment?
J

FCS_TEST
4th May 2013, 09:22
Who wants to live in Germany ?:yuk::yuk:

His dudeness
4th May 2013, 10:08
Who wants to live in Germany ?

Nobody.

But some have to, just to make for a bad example and you feel better.

Hope you have a good day.

PURPLE PITOT
4th May 2013, 10:10
Ze Germans i would imagine.

His dudeness
4th May 2013, 10:17
Nope. We move into small british boarding houses such as the one in Minehead, Somerset...

Monty python Hitler in England - YouTube

Well, at least most of us. Hiking still is our hobby...

And no, we did not have fun in Stalingrad!!!

But we are all friends in the market, aren't we ?

Fawlty Towers - Don't mention the Germans. Classic British comedy! - YouTube

Globally Challenged
4th May 2013, 14:47
I would love to live in Germany - it always comes across (to me at least) as a living, breathing demonstration of its own stereotype. Everything is hugely efficient and just 'works'

Yes the food gets better as you venture South in Europe but conversely the service we get deteriorates.

The only reason I don't live there is that we rather rely on the strong family ties we have to Southern England (more's the pity)

Delta12
4th May 2013, 18:30
Generelly spoken GA in Germany is a nightmare !

There might be exceptions, but from what I have seen: low salary, no roster, 24/7 on call !