PDA

View Full Version : Does PPRuNE permit FREE SPEECH?

deefer dog
30th Apr 2013, 03:40
Is it permissible to discuss Golden Eagle Pilot (Mr Crellin, the con man) on PPRuNe or not?

straight answer....can we discuss him and his antics without being banned by pprune towers?

PS. Will I be banned for asking such a question?

FrankR
30th Apr 2013, 04:44
I don't think that "free speech" means that you can accuse people, or be slanderous.

That said, if you have something to say, say it!

FR

onetrack
30th Apr 2013, 05:16
All properly run forums are moderated, and can remove posts that are libellous or slanderous or defamatory.
"Free speech" is not a licence to make untrue statements that cannot be backed by evidence and proof.
If you make a statement about another person on an Internet forum, this is no different to making that statement in print, on radio or TV, or in a public speech.
If you make such a statement declaring a named person to be of doubtful character - or that named person is guilty of chargeable offences and hasn't been charged - then you had better be very well-prepared to back your public statements in a court of law.

airbus_driver319
30th Apr 2013, 05:25
I thought it was GEP who brought down the "ginger one" what ever came of that???

etrang
30th Apr 2013, 07:14
Does PPRuNE permit FREE SPEECH?

Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. Pprune is a privately owned site and they are certainly under no obligation to provide you with a platform. If this web site or it's mods want to delete anything you say they will. If you don't like it then start your own site.