PDA

View Full Version : London Oxford (Kidlington) Airport Costs?

Matty Cooper
29th Apr 2013, 13:42
Just a quick question, I wondering if anyone knows if they charge extra for instrument approaches at Oxford for a single engine non commercial flight?

I know it's £16.50 for a landing fee, but it doesn't say if this includes a instrument approach or if you must pay extra for this, if so how much if anyone knows?

Cheers!

cambioso
29th Apr 2013, 15:57
WHY DON'T YOU RING THEM AND FIND OUT???
Or would you like me to do that for you?
Honestly..................... I despair sometimes!!

Janu
29th Apr 2013, 17:19
OXF charges £19.80 per landing for class A. The nav fee (ILS, NDB and radar approach) is £15 (excluding VAT). Have a safe flight!

Matty Cooper
29th Apr 2013, 17:20
Or would you like me to do that for you?
That would be great if you wouldn't mind...

Many thanks Janu!

tmmorris
30th Apr 2013, 19:38
Last time I did it the Nav fee was waived if you landed off the approach. I did so and had a cup of coffee. I'd be surprised if that wasn't still true. They are trying hard to keep GA and should be encouraged.

Tim

ATCO Fred
1st May 2013, 10:19
BUT . . . . . be advised we are digging up much of the Apron and RW 29 over the next 10 weeks. Runway occupancy is at a premium due the 'backtracking' and we are not accepting external training approaches DURING routine hours of CAE operations. Early evening or weekends are you best bet. Hope this helps.

Fred

soaringhigh650
1st May 2013, 10:25
Runway occupancy is at a premium due the 'backtracking'

Why don't you build more runway exits then? The last time I was there all the landing aircraft had to roll off at the end before the next one can land.