PDA

View Full Version : Proflite Australia - Bankruptcy Help

MustaphaN
29th Apr 2013, 13:33
Hey all,
Just a quick question, I'm aware of Profile Australia in Bankstown Airport going bankrupt as my new Flight School informed me. So I put my flight training on hold back in 2009, I went back in 2010 I believe to kick start my training only to find out Proflite Australia was no longer :uhoh:. They had my log book with at least 30 hours, so my question is IF there is a way to retrieve it how would I go about it?

Thank you so much!
Mustapha.

PLovett
30th Apr 2013, 00:25
Find out who was the administrator for the bankruptcy and ask them who has the records/logbooks for the company. They should be able to help you.

peterc005
30th Apr 2013, 00:39
Possibly your log book (and training records) are sitting on a shelf in the office.

Go there and ask around, you might be lucky to the building.

Alternatively, goto the ASIC web site and get details of the Liquidator appointed to the flying school and contact them.

MustaphaN
30th Apr 2013, 09:59
I've already been, no luck :sad:. Both replies are helpful, I'll get onto it and post an update with any success or if I need further help.

Thanks again!

Skydiveandy
5th May 2013, 01:01
When I was working in YMMB as an Instructor I was asked by a student to do some chasing for him..

From memory all of the student records had been shifted to either Basair or the aero club..

ASIC no longer shows much information on the Proflite without paying money..

My first attempt would be the two schools first..

Good Luck

Andy

cavok123
5th May 2013, 03:20
In theory, I thought a company had to keep them for 5 years

Horatio Leafblower
5th May 2013, 13:18
Yes but... what company?

The legal entity has ceased to exist....*poof* :eek:

MustaphaN
10th May 2013, 06:18
I paid a small fee to InsolvencyAppointments and got the Liquidation officers name which I did a search for and got his number. He said my records were on the computer but there were lots of cases of missing log books so he would get back to me within a week as he had to order them in from storage. Not sure what happens if my log book is missing but hoping for the best, in the mean time I will call up both companies. Thanks!

MustaphaN
14th May 2013, 13:18
Thank you guys so much, got a call back from the liquidating officer telling me I can pick it up on Thursday provided I take identification. ( Quite embarrassing that I've been without that log book for 3 years and had to start a new one when it was so easy to get back, just needed a point in the right direction :) ) I just have one (well two) more question(s) to answer if anyone is willing to, I haven't seen my log book but if I remember correctly it wasn't signed by any instructors so is it valid? Also how could I merge my two log books into one while keeping it valid or do I just have to keep both?

smiling monkey
14th May 2013, 15:26
I haven't seen my log book but if I remember correctly it wasn't signed by any instructors so is it valid? Also how could I merge my two log books into one while keeping it valid or do I just have to keep both?

Have you gone solo in your 30 hours of flying in your first logbook? If so, there should be stamp and a signature there (if things haven't changed in the last 25 years since I first soloed). There should also be a stamp from your instructors at regular intervals, stating that the hours have been checked and are true and correct.

If you don't have too many entries in your new logbook, I'd transfer those entries in to your original logbook and get the stamps and signatures from your new logbook (if any) re-done on to your old logbook. I'm sure your new instructors won't mind if you explained the situation to them.

Jabawocky
14th May 2013, 18:09
And while you probably do not need to hear this now, having learned the hard way, there are a few little rules to live by;

1. Passport, NEVER leaves your sight. Never, if anyone wishes to even walk off with it, ask to follow it, even if it is to be photocopied scanned or otherwise.

2. Wallet, refer above.

3. Log Book. Refer above. If CASA or anyone wants to "see" it, let them view in your presence or take a scan/copy, but once it leaves your fingers you have no control.

Never, EVER even think of leaving your log book with a flying school. Not once. You have enough opportunity to lose it, let alone someone else who really has not desire to protect it.

4. If in doubt on any matter, refer rule 1.

Typhoon650
15th May 2013, 00:02
I agree Jaba, logbook lives in the flight bag and that's where it stays.

sms777
15th May 2013, 08:20
Good advice Jaba! I have not used my logbook for over 5 years now but it lives in a safe with my other important documents..........just in case I get a call from Donald Trump needing another pilot willing to wear a wig like himself. :E

MustaphaN
15th May 2013, 09:48
Definitely learned that one the hard way haha, good advice. Smiling Monkey, my new logbook is stamped and transferring that shouldn't be a problem if that's all that is required but my first log book was never stamped if my memory is correct. What do I do about that? :confused:

Capt Fathom
15th May 2013, 09:50
Keep your logbook with you and not let it out of your sight....

Easier said than done when you are a student. Most Flying Schools keep your logbook and progress sheets on site.

When you are a new student, you have no reason to question it.

PLovett
15th May 2013, 09:59
I agree Jaba, logbook lives in the flight bag and that's where it stays.

Slight thread drift but CASA (I believe - but stand to be corrected) would prefer it if you didn't carry your logbook in your flight bag in case of a dramatic and career ending event.

Mine (both of them but thats another story) live at home. If I am away on a multi-day trip then I keep a note in my diary of the hours flown for each day and enter the details in the logbooks on my return. Should the company want to do an audit of the logbooks then I take it in to work, copy the relevant pages and take my logbook home again. It is mine and it stays in my possession.