PDA

View Full Version : Re Validation Certificate

Flying_Anorak
28th Apr 2013, 18:14
Hi,

Hope someone can help...

I have an NPPL (SSEA) issued late last May. I've just finished off an SLMG course and sent all the paperwork off to the LAA to get an SLMG rating added BUT it's been bounced as apparently I've omitted to include a copy of my 'Current revalidation certificate'. The checklist on the form says 'if applicable' as I've no need to re-validate anything yet, I'm at a loss to understand what's missing (and why the LAA chose to write to me rather than phone or e-mail when they have these details)? Can anyone clarify please what it is I need to do?

A phone call tomorrow morning to the LAA is the top of my list, but I'd like to be prepared if possible.

Cheers,

Paul.

ifitaintboeing
28th Apr 2013, 21:23
You are using cross-crediting to obtain the SLMG, so need to produce evidence of a valid SSEA rating. See page 9:

http://www.nationalprivatepilotslicence.co.uk/NPPL%20XC%20REV%2010.pdf

The holder of a valid NPPL with SSEA Class Rating, UK PPL (A) or CAA-issued JAR-FCL Pilot Licence (Aeroplanes) with SEP Class Rating who wishes to obtain a SLMG Class Rating shall :

a. Produce the NPPL (SSEA), UK PPL (A) or CAA-issued JAR-FCL Pilot Licence (Aeroplanes);

b. Produce log book evidence of having satisfactorily completed conversion training with a SLMG Instructor on self-launching motor gliders;

c. Hold a valid NPPL Medical Declaration or Part-MED LAPL, Class 1 or 2 medical certificate.

On the application form:

http://www.nationalprivatepilotslicence.co.uk/Application%20Forms/SLMG%20Application%20Form%20Rev%2017.pdf

you are requested to send:

Copy of any existing Licences / Certificates of revalidation/renewal for which credit is sought

ifitaint...

Flying_Anorak
28th Apr 2013, 21:53
Hi,

Thanks for that but this is what confuses me, I sent copies of my log book pages showing all the SSEA flying I have done to date, but as I've not had the SSEA for more than a year yet, I didn't think it needed re-validating?

Cheers,

FA

ifitaintboeing
29th Apr 2013, 15:19
The Certificate of Revalidation is a page in your licence, and contains the expiry date of the SSEA rating.

ifitaint...