PDA

View Full Version : Should I state that I'm a already a pilot?

eimin
26th Apr 2013, 20:06
Hello,

Sorry if that thread is not in the appropriate subforum.

Maybe it's a very stupid question the one i have, I was trying to find out which option could be the best by myself. But any time shall I find a good point to defend one decision,the other looks more logic...

I am not sure if should I state that I hold a CPL (no experience, 190TT) or not, when applying for a cadet programme...

What makes more sense to you!?

Thanks in advance!

TeaTowel
26th Apr 2013, 20:31
It makes no sense that a pilots licence would be a disadvantage and yet here we are. A degree in "something" apparently looks better to HR these days.
I think if you don't state it they will find out anyway.

federico100mt
26th Apr 2013, 20:52
I suggest to you to always state and declare the reality. If is it not explicitly asked before it will be asked to you later on. Your the log book shows everything. CU

laz219
26th Apr 2013, 22:55
Most cadetships I've ever looked at specifically state that they want Zero (or xxhrs) pilots. Which I've always thought seems backwards, if anything you're just going to require less training.

If they have any conditions like that, I wouldn't try and hide it.

Mikehotel152
27th Apr 2013, 05:52
They believe that a pre-trained pilot will actually take extra effort because they will have learned habits that are inconsistent with the training on offer.

Personally, I believe it's nonsense.

But, from another point of view, they might think you're an idiot for spending all the money to get a CPL and yet be willing to spend it all again for the same training albeit with a job at the end. And, in that, I'd tend to agree.

eimin
27th Apr 2013, 06:56
Thank you all for your kind answers.

I know that what can be thought about my situation is "look at this poor stupid guy, he spent thousands of euros for a training and now he's going back to the beginning over again"

The reality is, I was not willing to pay for a Line Training, and the few interviews I had previously were nonsense, with "airlines" that i've never seen again after the interview in any media or website...I'm not that lucky, and I'm struggling to find my first opportunity as a pilot (meanwhile working in aviation related jobs). So the only idea to be able to start over again with an airline doing again the CPL and having a long term career with them is, right now, an amazing idea to me...

Thank you very much again!

federico100mt
27th Apr 2013, 08:09
Try it and then let we known.. But I guess you will never be able to ... :bored:delete a licence you already hold. :ouch: otherwise in this world it would appended an apocalypse of those kind of " modifications " and adaptations. Anyway good luck guy!

mrpilot
27th Apr 2013, 11:53
I always think that honesty is the best policy when it comes to most things in life and that includes applying for jobs. This approach also makes things easier for you as you won't have to focus on hiding the truth the whole time. So this will use up less energy.

I believe that having already gained your CPL demonstrates that you can do it. If they give you the cadetship and the chance to do everything again then you have an opportunity to improve your flying skills. This can only be a good thing. However, I suggest that some humility is a good thing. What they don't want to see is arrogance....so what I mean is that you don't want to give the impression that you think you know it all and have nothing new to learn.

Good luck. :ok:

M1ghtyDuck
28th Apr 2013, 02:34
I am quite sure you could "get away" with never mentioning your previous experience but I'm afraid I can't get my head around why you would. What's the difference between paying for line training and paying double or triple that for a cadet scheme? Apart from an extra year and a half of your life?