PDA

View Full Version : MPL with CPL

AstroThom
24th Apr 2013, 15:47
Hi there everyone. I was just wondering, what if a low-hour PPL holder enrolls to an airline scheme MPL programme, and after getting the MPL, he decides to do a CPL course as well, just for the sake of experience, and to be able to fly a small single or multi engine aircraft for a company in the furthest corner of Earth that you can think of, where they don't even know what a MPL is. Leaving aside the money factor for a moment, do you think it would be possible do a MPL and, after that, a CPL (in this order, since I think that for a MPL you must not have more than 90ish flying hours)? In case the answer is yes, would it be a good idea? I was thinking that having a CPL could be a way to have a "plan b" in case things don't work out with the airlines world, since it's the only field you can work in with a MPL.

Every opinion will be much appreciated! Thank you for your time and answers. ;)

Rithalic
24th Apr 2013, 22:04
student graduates with mpl and goes to work for said sponsoring airline. is hopefully then busy for a couple of years and gets his atpl. no need for a cpl inbetween.

unless having got the mpl the airline then goes tits up before getting his atpl, then he/she has a problem.

with an atpl and an sep/mep class rating, job done.