PDA

View Full Version : Part 135

outnabout
22nd Apr 2013, 06:50
Does anyone have any suggestion of when Part 135 comes into being?

Creampuff
22nd Apr 2013, 07:24
Take your pick: CASA will have the remaining new parts of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations made as law shortly CASA is finalising the new Civil Aviation Safety Regulations and expects these will be completed and made by the end of the first quarter 2013. We’re just about on the home straight at the moment. …

I could say to you that they’ll all be done next year, but it is not practice to make new regulations and have a long delay before they are implemented. So we will make the new regulations and implement them in a sensible and measured way. …

Whether the new regs come in one year or two makes no difference to some companies; …

Horatio Leafblower
22nd Apr 2013, 08:28
My old mate J-Mac visited us last week and the impression I got was 2015. Ish.

Nothing will get up before the election and it is very unlikely that it will see the light of day in Parliament before this time next year. Add in sunset clauses etc, and it'll be 2015 easy.

Creampuff
22nd Apr 2013, 09:56
2015. Ish.There you go!

There was a time at which I was concerned about the potential safety consequences of the uncertainty surrounding the laughingly described ‘reform’ ‘process’.

Now I don’t worry about the safety consequences, because I realise there are none.

But another 2 years – 'ish' – of multiple CASA staff on six figure salaries working on the never ending story that only produces more words with no safety outcome? Is there no end to the torture for the taxpayer and industry?

Jabawocky
22nd Apr 2013, 10:08
Creamie, you are a smart bloke......Taxpayers have not a clue nor a care, and for that matter the minister or parliament in general.

The ones you are referring to is induxtry and all the participants, we are screwed over again and again and .... :ugh:

I heard from a very reliable witness at the function on Saturday that the arrogance and bad behaviour has no end in sight. A travesty is a word used.

So Horatio....were you there? Care to add comment?

Horatio Leafblower
22nd Apr 2013, 10:54
No I wasn't there... I see far more threats to my business than CASA, and speaking to the other small business owners in my town they are common to most businesses.

I am lucky to have a healthy relationship with the local FOIs and AWIs. I am more worried about my bank (refer other thread now closed...)

22nd Apr 2013, 11:10
Does anyone have any suggestion of when Part 135 comes into being?

September 2007:mad:

Tinstaafl
23rd Apr 2013, 00:16
I live in the US now. Perhaps I should mail a copy of the FARs to CASA to give them a bit of a leg up? With some whiteout, a couple of those multi-function production photocopiers they have, and the services of a 16 year old earning some pocket money, they could have a CASA stamped version in a few days.

Of course, without the 16 year old to help it'll take a few years them to do the job.

outnabout
23rd Apr 2013, 01:20
I thought as much.

So let me guess - the train to Gravy has left the station, with all passengers on board.

Jabawocky
23rd Apr 2013, 06:37
Tinstaafl,

I have been preaching this for years.....and to some senior CASA folk also....and they agree!

A copy in MS Word, FIND/REPLACE FAA with CASA.....Hit Save As, then print.

Its a 3 minute exercise with a fast printer, 10 minutes and its bound. Longest part of the process is uploading to the website and drafting the letter from the Director.

You dont need a 16 yr old, most 9 yr olds would cream that job.:ok:

Creampuff
23rd Apr 2013, 07:31
It’s not CASA you have to convince (despite what the ‘blame OLC for everything’ crowd might believe).

If anyone thinks OPC (which recently absorbed the function performed by the erstwhile OLDP) is going to sign off on draft regulations that are a “FAR search-and-replace” job, I have some cheap shares in the Brooklyn Bridge for sale.