PDA

View Full Version : IATA Aircraft Codes

A340600MAN
20th Apr 2013, 16:42
Hi all

This is my first post.

I know of a couple of websites that have lists of IATA aircraft codes, but I'm looking for a official list from IATA itself. I have been on their website and it seems you have to pay for this information. Pay for aircraft codes, what next!

Is there another source of this official information that does not cost $149.

My apologies if I've posted this query on the wrong forum.

Regards

A340600MAN

Capetonian
20th Apr 2013, 19:36
Do you mean the 3 character codes used in the GDSs, such as 319, 744, 738, EM7 ...? If so, I think you will find that there is a subset of generic codes published by IATA but each airline will supply its own variants to the GDSs when they supply information, which is why you will sometimes see two or more flight numbers and a/c types for the same physical flight in the case of codeshares and leases.

If you PM me I may be able to supply something that will help you, for $148! (That was a joke by the way.)

Capetonian
22nd Apr 2013, 13:41
I've put all the codes onto a spreadsheet, there's about 500 of them.

If anyone else would like a copy, please PM me with your email address and I'll send it on.

Trabbi
28th Apr 2013, 19:48
You may try this one, which is the official list as far as I can see:

Doc 8643 (http://www.icao.int/publications/DOC8643/Pages/Doc8643.aspx)

Greets,

Trabbi

Trabbi
28th Apr 2013, 19:49
Oh, you need the IATA codes. Sorry :O
Those posted are the ICAO ones...

tonare
8th Feb 2017, 07:18
I've put all the codes onto a spreadsheet, there's about 500 of them.

If anyone else would like a copy, please PM me with your email address and I'll send it on.
It's been almost 4 years but... Can you send me a copy of the IATA Aircraft codes, please?
thx. :)

tonare
8th Feb 2017, 07:22
Hey Capetonian!, Can you send me a copy of the IATA Aircraft Codes you have, please? :rolleyes: THX

Rwy in Sight
14th Feb 2017, 21:05
Hey Capetonian!, Can you send me a copy of the IATA Aircraft Codes you have, please? :rolleyes: THX
Hello tonare and welcome in PPRuNe.

May I suggest trying this The Airline Codes Website (http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/arctypes.asp) site will be useful - as you know Capetonian can't participate here any more.