PDA

View Full Version : Anglia Airways

Expressflight
20th Apr 2013, 08:37
I haven't heard of this planned start-up before, but they are listed as an attendee at the upcoming Routes Europe next month.

Does anyone have any background information on what is, I assume, a UK outfit?

Hotel Tango
20th Apr 2013, 09:15
Google is your friend:

Anglia Airways Limited is an Active business incorporated in England & Wales on 21st January 2013. Their business activity has not been recorded. Anglia Airways Limited is run by 1 current members. and 1 company secretary. It has no share capital. It is not part of a group.

From Companies Check website.

Aero Mad
20th Apr 2013, 11:03
John Charles Sturgeon profile | free company director check (http://www.companydirectorcheck.com/john-charles-sturgeon#ap5556118)

onyxcrowle
20th Apr 2013, 12:55
Wasnt there an airline with the same name a few years back.
I swear I recall seeing one of their Fokker aircraft at Leeds

SWBKCB
20th Apr 2013, 13:00
At the time of Fokkers in Leeds there was Air Anglia, which went into Air UK then KLMuk then KLM Cityhopper. Air Anglia was formed when Anglian Air Charter, Norfolk Airways and Rig Air merged in the 70's

eastern wiseguy
20th Apr 2013, 13:19
Photograph of Aircraft G-BCDO (http://www.caa.co.uk/applicationmodules/ginfo/ginfo_photo.aspx?regmark=G-BCDO&imgname=G-BCDO001&imgtype=JPG)

A little like this?

Great company...loved flying with them :)

Phileas Fogg
20th Apr 2013, 13:45
Ah ... The good ol days ... Started off controlling them from RAF Watton and thereafter worked for them ... in a different colour scheme though :)

http://www.airpixbycaz.co.uk/cazsite/galleries/airlines/balp/gbu14-gagjv.jpg

onyxcrowle
20th Apr 2013, 14:03
Aye that's them :)

McGoonagall
20th Apr 2013, 14:11
Flew with them a few times Teesside - Aberdeen. Lovely little airline.

:)

Red Four
20th Apr 2013, 14:12
I remember the Air Anglia Navajo's in and out of Heathrow too, presumably this was a service from Norwich?

Hotel Tango
20th Apr 2013, 17:13
Did BHX-NWI as the only pax on an Air Anglia PA-31 once. It was a single pilot op in those days and I got to sit in the RH seat and had a bash at flying it. Those were the days.

davidjohnson6
20th Apr 2013, 17:53
When I were young...
Monty Python - Four Yorkshiremen - YouTube

:O

Nightstop
16th May 2015, 13:41
Looks like Air Anglia Mk2 is on the way to a Christmas launch. Now, where's my old Air Anglia hat & wings ;)

Anglia Airways Hopes to be Airborne for Christmas :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/248350/anglia-airways-hopes-to-be-airborne-for-christmas/)

adfly
16th May 2015, 14:24
I wish them all the best, starting an airline in this day and ages seems to be a very tough thing to get right. I do hope they succeed though as the number of regional airlines in the UK has really dwindled in the last few years.

fjencl
16th May 2015, 15:31
According to the executive the discussions now centre around the 35-seat Saab 340 and the 50-seat ATR 42. “We are currently still in the evaluation stage and have not made a decision which type we will favour for our operation,” he added.

Which do we prefer as passengers ??????

AdamThePassenger
16th May 2015, 15:52
Best of luck to them, would be great for Cambridge (my preference) or Norwich to have their "own" local operator. From a spotter's perspective, I would prefer them to have an ATR 42 but I have not been on one or a Saab 340 so cannot make any judgements about comfort.

Adam

BISH-BASH-BOSH
16th May 2015, 17:02
Dornier 328-100, Ideal aircraft for a start up, with crews and engineers based in the Cambridge/Norwich area.:)

Crusher1
17th May 2015, 07:24
Made lots of trips out of Arlanda "heading north" with Next Jet on Saab 340's, noisy vibrating animals in my opinion!

NickBarnes
17th May 2015, 07:48
ATR 42 is 10 times more plesent than a Saab 340, having flown on both!

xtypeman
17th May 2015, 12:12
Simple economics will say ATR. If you are spending out the money to have an AOC you need potentionally as many seat as possible to spread the cost. Also there are far more ATR's about than Saabs and still in production therefore less maintenance costs.

18th May 2015, 00:16
Hmm.

Two airlines have already pulled out Cambridge, both having demonstrated that the airport has potential but neither having been able to do any proper marketing...

I wonder if this one can afford marketing, something that is expensive and inefficient when done by a small airline flying from not very many places, and that can only efficiently be done by people like FlyBe who can fill a half page in a newspaper with lists of place names...

mockingjay
18th May 2015, 13:57
The only potential CBG has is the potential to loose you millions and probably send you into bankruptcy. It won't work. Simply too small a population with STN looming just down the road. I wish this new venture success but if its success is hinged on making CBG work then I feel they're doomed. How people manage to get startup funding these days is beyond me.

18th May 2015, 22:33
CityJet managed to roughly half fill planes to Dublin despite flying at weird times and with no meaningful advertising. I felt that showed potential.

fjencl
16th Jun 2015, 13:56
Anymore News about this operation ??????

darkroomsource
16th Jun 2015, 16:31
Subject to securing investor funding, Sturgeon is hopeful the business will take off before the end of the year ahead of the Christmas period. It will initially launch with a single aircraft but plans to grow to five before the end of its first year of operation.
from Anglia Airways Hopes to be Airborne for Christmas :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/248350/anglia-airways-hopes-to-be-airborne-for-christmas/)

I would take that to mean that they don't have the money, it's all just in the fella's mind.

fjencl
19th Nov 2015, 08:33
It will soon be Christmas !!!!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Richard Taylor
19th Nov 2015, 09:37
Maybe Loganair can dispose of their 'clapped out' (allegedly!) Saab 340s to Anglia if that's the sort of aircraft they are looking at? :}

Jamesair
19th Nov 2015, 16:54
Ah....but did they say which Christmas?