PDA

View Full Version : Help with CTC Aptitude Tests

steggers
18th Apr 2013, 10:39
Hi, I wonder if someone could shed some light to see if I can improve anymore on my results I've been getting.

I have downloaded the CTC Wings Pilot Aptitude Tests from "Latest Pilot Jobs" webiste and no matter how many times I do the 'Flying through the hoops' test, I can only manage about 4.5/10. At the moment I'm only using the keys and not a joystick but have tried using a stick and seem to get a lower score. How can I improve my score? Is it a case of positioning the aircraft to fly through the hoops without moving the keys as much or is it something else?

Also with the 'Flight Director' test again everytime I seem to do it my score is 7.6/10.........again, how can this be improved. I'm trying to keep the cross-hares in the centre as much as I can and again am only using the keys and not with a joystick as I'm getting worse results.

All the other tests, I.E 'Numbers and Colours' I seem to do well at, 'Circles and Squares' I'm very good at and the '2 Dimensional Test' my score is improving it's just the other 2 that I can't seem to improve on.

Any feedback as to how to improve my scores?

Kind regards

Rithalic
18th Apr 2013, 14:28
Went to have a look and I see you have to pay for it! Bugger that!

It's been some years since I had to do one of these aptitude tests but from memory doing the flying through hoops one i seem to recall that you needed to use small and progressive inputs when "flying" it. Also try not to think just about the next hoop, think 2-3 ahead and get the a/c flying on a path which will broadly line it up. I hope that makes sense and is of some help.

I remember thinking after the test that it reminded me of star fox on the N64 and also the star wars x-wing games. Might cost you a bit more than the assessment prep does but you should be able to get a cheap 2nd hand one online, plus you'll have much more fun preparing. And if anything asks why you're playing video games you can tell them you're studying...win/win!

All the best.

p.s. ditch the keyboard inputs, get a decent joystick. we don't manually fly planes with buttons.

sapperkenno
18th Apr 2013, 14:36
Have you thought that maybe you simply DON'T have the aptitude for it, if you're getting such miserable results?

Fmfox
25th Apr 2013, 09:42
Could anyone tell me how hard these tests are to pass (and for FTE/OAA/other flight schools)? I have done this aptitude test ( APST IPAS (http://www.nitex.nl/apst/) ) and got the result "Good" for all of the sections, would I stand a chance of passing the assessment tests?

Ostojic
18th Jul 2013, 14:35
Hey there,

I was wondering since your post about 'Flying through the hoops' test have you completed the CTC assessment? I booked to take the assessment in a few weeks and I am having the same problem on this one area, seeming to only score around 5/10, I score very highly in all other areas and cant seem to improve on my score, I was wondering if this an accurate example to that of the one you will complete with CTC?

Cheers!